Thanks to all those who replied.
After looking for awhile, I picked up an 87 325is about a month ago.
I was looking for a couple of things:
1) Nice Driver condition, not a +10k showcar and not a beater
2) Stock as possible
3) Manual transmission
4) Alpine White w/ a tan interior
5) 1990 or 1991 when they had airbags
6) 325i or 325is; an "is" would have been a plus but not a deal breaker.
So the car I purchased didn't hit all the marks but still happy with the new addition.
What I really like:
1) 6 cylinder power - and I don't have to put in premium gas. (My 2002 knocks like crazy if I don't use premium due to the enlarged pistons.)
2) While talking about gassing up: I can fill up the tank at full speed and not have to worry about gas spilling out the side when it is full!
3) Electric everything - just like a modern car! Locks! Sunroof! Side Mirrors!
4) Doesn't smell like exhaust when I drive
5) Cabin is pretty much air tight, not like my noisy '02
6) Doesn't burn oil unlike my '02
However, don't get me wrong, the car is far from perfect. Suspension has all been but neglected. The stance is odd due to the fact is has lowering springs in the front and stock springs in the back (kinda has a 'dragster' stance). Mice have gnawed at some the engine wiring. It is completely missing the front air dam. Timing belt was way past it's deadline, and that was the first thing I had done to the car. I spent 4 hours trying to clean just one of the wheels because there was so much brake dust that was caked on and pitted the wheels. Only 3 more to go!
But so far it has been a blast to drive and own!!