• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much will this sell for? Part 2

steve k.

I don't know about this car specifically, but the seller is (or was) a scam artist...

He listed my touring (VIN confirmed) on eBay last year as if he owned it. After discussing the specifics of the car for about an hour on the phone, I confronted him and he pretended like he didn't know what I was talking about. I have the entire call recorded and have considered reporting him to the police.

Back to the car, it's been on eBay many times over the last few months. It appears there is some shill bidding taking place, as the auctions always gets close to the buy-it-now price in the first day, yet it never sells. Buyer beware!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have met this guy in person as well - shady character... His known aliases are: Alex Safari and Ross Aghadianian 

Edited by bluebmw

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

$19,500

I think guessing the prices on these cars that are built on the owners taste are trickier to guess. Making for more fun speculating. Personally I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I don't know about this car specifically, but the seller is (or was) a scam artist...

He listed my touring (VIN confirmed) on eBay last year as if he owned it. After discussing the specifics of the car for about an hour on the phone, I confronted him and he pretended like he didn't know what I was talking about. I have the entire call recorded and have considered reporting him to the police.

Back to the car, it's been on eBay many times over the last few months. It appears there is some shill bidding taking place, as the auctions always gets close to the buy-it-now price in the first day, yet it never sells. Buyer beware!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have met this guy in person as well - shady character... Alex Safari is his name (supposedly).

Well, I'm gonna throw a stupid high number in there cause last time I was way under. I would not think that it would reach the BIN price, but what the hell do I know. Once it gets close, the BIN will disappear and it will be a no reserve auction. Let's say $23,980. I will also predict that it will not "really" sell and we will see it listed again. There. Might as well pack them stickers and send them my way.... :)

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit

06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd - garage queen *  73 Mustang Convertible 351C 

15 VW Touareg V6 Executive - daily driver * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Really? Very dubious taste, ordinary 02, and they're fetching that sort of money over there? Bleah indeed. I'm going to go with "zero $, not sold" as it sounds like a scam anyway and even if it's not you'd be a fool to buy something off a guy with that rep  :-)

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Zero pictures with any real indicators of condition.  I wonder what the underside and trunk are hiding???  No mention of engine condition.   I doubt it sells at all.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

Yikes. Too many personal touches to that poor car.  First shift into third would put that tv screen thru the console, after I stomped the d/s speaker. Is that for reals?

I won't guess on this one, but if I hadn't see the current auction numbers, I would have guessed 9,500, and felt a little sorry for the next owner.

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

That's a 17k car? :huh:  And here I was thinking my 02 was barely worth 15k....

I'm saying $18,201

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2