• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We lost two good 02 lovers, one from the old guard and a young one

BillWilliams

This past December we lost two good "lovers of all things 02". One from our old guard and one way too young. Attached are pages from the National Capital Chapter's most recent magazine. The derBayerische.

Mike Leeper my friend.

Evan Williams my son.

DB%20COVER_zpskvouxrqy.jpg

Leepers%20Obit_zpskuncuddy.jpg

Evans%20Obit%20in%20DB_zps7er9z4o8.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Wow , that is so tragic, reading those obituaries , the death of your son has stunned me personally , my soon to be 21yr old son sounds like your son, a really nice gear head buddy .

Sincere condolences to you & your wife.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

I'm very sorry for your losses, Bill. Your writings for der Bayerische are simply beautiful. Two exceptional people. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Bill

Thanks for passing this on.   I have so many good memories of Mike and his humor.   I still remember the trunk of his 02 full of beer from that micro brewery on the trip to Watkins Glen in 07. the trip to Lime Rock in 04 and the great WV trip in 03 where Mike and Dave lead us on that great drive, including the cows in the road.   Now how did they manage that????   :)     

And of course Evan and the trip to Spartanburg in 02-02-02 and all those good times...Rocket man!!!

I hope that you and Ruth are doing ok

Bill and Ruth,

I remember meeting Evan at the autocross during 02-02-02.  An impressive young man.  Once again my deepest condolences. 

V/R

Snakedriver

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell