• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Recommendation 195-60-14

landon

I have been using Kumho's in that size.  Cheap, good wear, all season, great for a driver…not the stickiest tires by any means….if you want sticky, summer, fast wearing, high performance tires, you are out of luck.  Tire Rack shows a Sumitomo All season High Performance tire in that size.  If you want more high performance options, move up to 15's.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Like Jim Gerock I run Dunlop Direzzas, but in a little older style that, I believe, is NLA.  I got mine about 3½ yrs. ago and they are Star Z1s in a 185/60 x 14.  I'd always run 195s before, but decided to try the slightly smaller tire this time, and I like them very much.  After 15K miles I still have a lot of tread left.

Not sure what you can find, as 195/60 x 14 are becoming rarer with time.

Bob Napier

I've had the General Altimax HP for about a year, at the suggestion of my local tire shop. He felt I'd like them better than the Kumhos, So far, so good. Not the best tires I've had but far from the worst; decent 14s are getting tough to find.

(I put Kumho Ecsta 4X on my E30 M3, and find them a very good tire. Again, good 15s are few and far between)

David

I've got a set of Federal 595's and they seem OK so far. 400ish treadwear rating, so not crazy soft. Only spirited driving so far on them (the local autocross club lost their pavement)

Fairly beefy sidewall, directional tread.  Picked them mostly because the 205/60R13 version is used for INEX legend car racing at our local circle track as a spec tire and seem to hold up.  That and reasonable price and local availability.

Hope that helps

Like Jim Gerock I run Dunlop Direzzas, but in a little older style that, I believe, is NLA.  I got mine about 3½ yrs. ago and they are Star Z1s in a 185/60 x 14.  I'd always run 195s before, but decided to try the slightly smaller tire this time, and I like them very much.  After 15K miles I still have a lot of tread left.

Not sure what you can find, as 195/60 x 14 are becoming rarer with time.

Bob Napier

Ive got these as well They came on my new 02 and i love them. They are discontinued but the z2s replace them?? Not sure about sizing in the z2. Anyone know?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Thanks all for feedback. I decided to go down a size to 185 -60-14 with a Michelin Pilot. I think this will be fine for my 6 x 14 bottlecaps. I really liked the Michelins I had years ago and were good for a daily driver. There were more choices in the 185 vs. 195. And half of what is listed by the mfgs as being available could not not be sourced by any dealers. 

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

I bought Michelin Pilot Sports Exalto A/S 195 60 14's for my bottle caps about two years ago and think they are a good tire. No problems for the type of driving I have been doing. I bought them from Tire Rack but see they no longer carry the 195's. Maybe someone else carries them. But then again, I could live with the 185's if I had to.

Thanks all for feedback. I decided to go down a size to 185 -60-14 with a Michelin Pilot. I think this will be fine for my 6 x 14 bottlecaps. I really liked the Michelins I had years ago and were good for a daily driver. There were more choices in the 185 vs. 195. And half of what is listed by the mfgs as being available could not not be sourced by any dealers. 

195's will look better; 185 tend to look to rounded (to me at least).

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

Look at the Falken RT615K.  It gets really good reviews, is available in a 195 and is often mentioned as an equal to the Direzza.

Falken lists at $97 (DiscountTire), Dunlop lists at $118 (TireRack).

Jose

Ive got these as well They came on my new 02 and i love them. They are discontinued but the z2s replace them?? Not sure about sizing in the z2. Anyone know?

Mine are Z2.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

195/60/14 is becoming harder to find.  Michelin Pilot Sports Exalto A/S 195 60, which I bought about a year ago, are no longer made.

This size is the same diameter as the stock 165R 13s, so the speedo/odo should remain accurate, all other things being equal.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up I could not get the Michelin Pilots. Several sites showed them but I could only source 2. Ended up getting the Dunlop Direzza Z2's in 185-60-14. I like them so far but haven't had them in the rain yet. Not sure how long they'll last so I'm thinking ahead to the next set of tires - and probably 15" wheels to go with them.

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot