• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Install Intermittent Wipers

al

I saw someone mention using the e30 stalk. I have a 73 and the switch is missing from the dash. I also have the blinker switch on my right side. I guess that's how they came...

Is it easy to wire up and does it stick out more?

Thanks for the advice :)

Thanks Ray - it does indeed work well for my car too, although I try not to drive in the rain, it is my daily driver and so it happens.

~Jason

I have the module that Jason made (jsnppp on the board). You can pm him to see if he's making more.

His pdf attached.

Cheers,attachicon.gifBMW 2002 Delay Kit.pdf

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Who is Sherman Martinez?  I keep seeing very nice references to him, but I can't find any other info about him. Does he have an online parts store?  Website?  Phone number?

Thanks,

Bob

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

Who is Sherman Martinez?  I keep seeing very nice references to him, but I can't find any other info about him. Does he have an online parts store?  Website?  Phone number?

Thanks,

Bob

Go to the Members List and search on Sherman.  Send him an email.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Bosch makes a 'programmable' or 'learning' wiper relay.  You'll have to wire it up yourself, but it's only a few wires.

Here's one source for the relay.

To operate, turn the wipers on to the intermittent position.  After the wipers complete a full sweep turn the wipers off for the desired length of time.  When you turn the wipers back on to the intermittent position the relay will remember this interval.  To change the interval simply repeat the process.

Mark DeBernardi

BMW2002Badge.jpg

Bosch makes a 'programmable' or 'learning' wiper relay.  You'll have to wire it up yourself, but it's only a few wires.

Here's one source for the relay.

Wow.

And $28 here:

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5324/103226-adjustable-wiper-delay-relay

:)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

at the risk of revealing my total lack of electronic prowness to the great masses, reviewing the two intermittant relays listed above suggest that it is meant for cars already having an intermittant relay.

what would it take to make these work on cars without intermittant wipers in the first place?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Aren't these relays only for vehicles with an existing one speed intermittent wiper? That seems to be what the ads state, would they work with our two speed wipers with no intermittent function?

Edited by HBChris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix