• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Bmw Collection Being Sold Including A Tii Touring Rolling Shell

Pamola

My Lemons teammate, Mark B, called the seller yesterday. The seller apparently has 15 2002s, two 3.0 CSs, and a host of other BMWs. However, his pricing sounds wildly optimistic. He's asking $4k minimum for each 2002, some stored outside and others inside, and he's unwilling to sell any parts individually from his parts cars. The two 3.0 CSs are non-op and need work, but are priced at $10k and $12k.

Given how easy it would be to disprove the seller's proposed pricing by reviewing recent sales of similar cars, it seems the seller is maintaining a position of willful ignorance. Perhaps he'll come around to market. Perhaps the market will come to him. I guess we'll find out shortly.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I believe this is the collection in Manchester. It is a warehouse filled with BMW's. Not a small warehouse either. I was in the building with Matt McGinn probably 5-6 years ago. Blew my mind! It is well and truly "Candyland". He has a lot of cars. Some of them were invisible due to parts being stacked on top of them. You could sort of burrow into the pile and find a car. I am not exaggerating, for a change;) Parts, parts, parts!

Baroque Angels, one really nice one, as I recall. M5's, E30 M3's. Assorted others! I was interested in the E28 M5 and the M3's, but kind of occupied with the Turbo and while the owner is a really nice fellow, I felt his pricing was way high, IF, you could get him to put a price on something. I think he is the kind of fellow who takes comfort in being surrounded with his stuff and is loath to part with it. That said, everything is for sale now, so perhaps he has had a change of heart.  

I hope he does well with it and there is a lot of cool gear in that building!

there is a similar stash to this in colorado, except it is all porsches, some very rare.  same story.  owner made collection, it is all "for sale", but he really can't part with anything, so all is priced astronomically high or he backs out of deals at last minute.  you basically have to wait for the owner to pass away and deal with the estate.

2xM3

Interesting story. There are so many examples of hoarding various things here and on current TV programs.  I don't have any interest in hoarding things; obviously quite a few people do.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I think the owner is exactly as described in the comments posted here.  I spoke with him today and asked about selling any of his 2002s.  He has plenty of them but has not decided what the prices would be.................

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold