• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice 2002 pic found while browsing Flickr BaT ad

jgerock

Today's BaT daily mail features a nice 74 Alfa Romeo for sale. The owner's huge Flickr album contains nice pictures along with some others taken during local events.

This very nice 2002 (Colorado?) was in the album (Anti-football run 2013). Anyone here own it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92052866@N08/8360487122/in/photostream

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Photos that are shot late afternoon tend to be significantly warmer in hue, if that helps.

Although, looking at the other pics in that album, it seems to me those are images captured in the morning. Morning light against this color...

colorado_002_200.jpg

...could end up looking similar as the photo in question. Color and light is always interpreted by the human brain interestingly when in different context. There are numerous optical illusions that illustrate this phenomenon:

lottocube.jpg

Believe it or not, the center brown cube on the top is the exact same color as the yellow cube in the center, on the shadow side.

Pretty sure this is my old 1971 that fell victim to a garbage truck a few years ago (you may remember the "Garbage Truck Won" posts). Insurance settled up, and I decided to keep the money and sell the car as is. It was purchased by a nice guy in Sausalito. I do remember his concern about the Colorado pinking up a bit in the respray. Here are a few pre-fix shots...

post-22679-13667668678648_thumb.jpg

post-22679-13667668679685_thumb.jpg

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

OK- the color was not really the question I had - agree that Colorado is a difficult color to mix correctly since it seems to create lots of questions here.

Car looks really sharp. Wonder who the owner is. Would assume he is driving the car in that picture.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Colorado is a difficult color to mix correctly

I think the car would look "correct" during the afternoon. The Kelvin thermodynamic temperature scale during the morning is typically a bit blue-ish.

Regardless, it's a nice finish. Very clean and purty.

Yup, that's Chedder, Paul's old car alright. We recently rebuilt the suspension with all new bushings, H&R springs, and Bilstein Sports... Nick is a very nice guy and loves his car! That was taken at the Anti Football Run on New Year's Day in Sausalito. I was there with my E28 518i as well.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks! Tom was nice enough to point this out to me on my latest visit to Casey Motorsports. And thanks Paul for making the connection as well (by the way, it's been too long – we should get together and talk 02).

Cheddar is supposed to be Colorado. The paint was mis-mixed and applied before I could say, "wait! that doesn't look right!"

I've grown to really like to color: he is a creamy Colorado. I love this car to bits ... and, with the recent upgrades by Sean and Tom, it's a sweet driver. [/url]

Nick