• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Nevada finally arrived today

jgerock

Any plans to take it to The Vintage?

'69 is firmly planted in the garage for now. The tii has been waiting for another long distance trek to Winston Salem.

See you next month Andrew.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks real nice! You are lucky you I had black widows on my car :S

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Jim -

Looks very cool. I know how you felt waiting for it. The night before I got my Porsche - I couldn't sleep. Had weird dreams and got up at 3 am. It's like being a kid before Christmas day, isn't it?

Car looks OK. Dry anyway. Lots of work. I can't wait to see it done. Your other two cars are great (tii and bug) - I'm sure this will be too.

That 121 head is going to like the dual carbs...

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

The filled mirror mounting holes are, from what I've understand, the 'European' mirror mounting position. Athena, who's originally Italian delivery, has her door 'trap' mirror mounted near the front corner of the vent window.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

It's like being a kid before Christmas day, isn't it?

Can't beat that feeling!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Looks like manual Klippan seat belts in good shape, they may just need a cleaning job (if there are no rust on the buckles). They can be taken apart, black clam shells on the buckles can be recolored, taken apart and cleaned easily, email me for instructions.

Looks like manual Klippan seat belts in good shape, they may just need a cleaning job (if there are no rust on the buckles). They can be taken apart, black clam shells on the buckles can be recolored, taken apart and cleaned easily, email me for instructions.

Thanks Al - but they are pretty much kaput. I stumbled on them each time I stepped in and out of the car today, it is a wonder anyone actually used them back then.

Will most likely purchase a set from you when the time comes.

Jim Gerock

(one you may have already thought of) - before visting your local DMV to register and transfer title, make copies of the CA title and registration cards and conveniently "lose" the black CA plates (and have a reasonably believable story as to how they were lost - even something as simple as "I left the car parked in my driveway the first night and somebody stole 'em).

The plates, title and registration are part of the car's "provenance", and prove that it spent the first 40+ years of its life in CA.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

(one you may have already thought of) - before visting your local DMV to register and transfer title, make copies of the CA title and registration cards and conveniently "lose" the black CA plates (and have a reasonably believable story as to how they were lost - even something as simple as "I left the car parked in my driveway the first night and somebody stole 'em).

The plates, title and registration are part of the car's "provenance", and prove that it spent the first 40+ years of its life in CA.

Barry -

The car was re-titled by the PO in Arizona so I do not have the original CA title and registration. The AZ title does have the previous CA title number listed on it. I don't think the PO in AZ ever registered it after changing the title. I will certainly make a copy of the AZ title before changing it to a new VA title in my name. The rear CA plate and frame will stay with the car.

Wish this car came with the original owner's name, some records/history and the original owner's manual. How difficult is it to do a title search in CA? I have tried this with my tii by contacting the NJ DMV and they did not want to give out any "personal" information, even after I filled out a form and sent it to them with a check for $ 15 to perform a search using the VIN.

Jim Gerock