• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Fuel Lines - Interest

BillWilliams

• 5 months later...

Hello to all,

let me introduce, my Name is Thomas Liebl from Germany, i'm the guy who made the A4 Lines, promised to do the tii Series Lines but thought it could be interesting what happens with a thumb within a steel gasket that is wound up by a drill machine....

OK, excuse my poor english but there are news regarding the tii Lines. I mailed Dieter that i began to work on the moulds for the lines while christmas. But I did not get an answer until now, think he is in holidays.

Therefore I want to inform you about the actual state of affairs meanwhile.

First: These Lines were the most tricky and difficult I ever tried to design. Some weeks ago I bought #2-4 Spare Lines from BMW - thought I could reduce the labour to the first line which is not available any more. Was no good Idea and thrown out money - they did not even match the shape of the Original lines I got from Dieter least year.

So there was no way out - all lines ore none.

About 20 different steel moulds later there is the following (almost final) result of the best 4 moulds. (I wanted to make the lines better than the originals 40 years ago...)

I've attached Fotos from my Design and the Originals from Dieter to compare.

But wait - the rest of the fotos comes with the next post, including questions an further informations from me.

Thomas

post-20172-13667667722976_thumb.jpg

post-20172-13667667723698_thumb.jpg

post-20172-13667667724366_thumb.jpg

post-20172-13667667725145_thumb.jpg

Hi, me again...

As you can see in the following fotos of some details I did not have the original return spring. I took one which i thought it could be at least the same diameter as the original spring. Could anybody plese state the the diameter of the original spring is not greater than 16mm ?

If there are any further details to improve please tell me.

Next, I did not have a regulator housing. Do you think there is enough space? (But it should match as the original lines do not need less space in this area).

Don't care about the "wooden" block.... :-) The front cover with the pump bracket is exactly at the same position in relation to the head and manifold. Thanks to my friend Xaver (Touring tii) which managed that somebody loaned me the necessary engine parts - including exsiccated mice inside....

If there are no improvements necessary (unless some details which probably only disturb me myselve, e.g. the lining of #3 at the pump's side), I will have to reinforce the mouldings. After this I could start to produce the copies.

Production time: I guess I will be able to make 5-10 Sets per Week.

If demand is greater than (about) 25 Sets we will have to send this in separate orders, there is an upper limit for exporting to one single customer for me. (by customs here in Europe)

Price: Higher as for the A4 Lines - in fact of the very high effort. I will calculate later.

For: as a reward for all those who waited for the long time i needed for development - those will get the to the same price as the former A4 Lines.

Dieter surely has a list of all former group buy prospectives...

Dieter will manage the group buy as he did this with the A4 lines - I hope.

(Dieter: Tschuldigung daß es so lange gedauert hat - dafür hab ich jetzt Wörterbücher zerfleddert daß es raucht)

So far - it's late now and it was a long and blooming week. Please state me obout the return spring and the space to the regulator housing.

Thomas

post-23186-13667667725863_thumb.jpg

post-23186-13667667726343_thumb.jpg

post-23186-1366766772668_thumb.jpg

post-23186-13667667727312_thumb.jpg

Hi, me again...

As you can see in the following fotos of some details I did not have the original return spring. I took one which i thought it could be at least the same diameter as the original spring. Could anybody plese state the the diameter of the original spring is not greater than 16mm ?

If there are any further details to improve please tell me.

Next, I did not have a regulator housing. Do you think there is enough space? (But it should match as the original lines do not need less space in this area).

Don't care about the "wooden" block.... :-) The front cover with the pump bracket is exactly at the same position in relation to the head and manifold. Thanks to my friend Xaver (Touring tii) which managed that somebody loaned me the necessary engine parts - including exsiccated mice inside....

If there are no improvements necessary (unless some details which probably only disturb me myselve, e.g. the lining of #3 at the pump's side), I will have to reinforce the mouldings. After this I could start to produce the copies.

Production time: I guess I will be able to make 5-10 Sets per Week.

If demand is greater than (about) 25 Sets we will have to send this in separate orders, there is an upper limit for exporting to one single customer for me. (by customs here in Europe)

Price: Higher as for the A4 Lines - in fact of the very high effort. I will calculate later.

For: as a reward for all those who waited for the long time i needed for development - those will get the to the same price as the former A4 Lines.

Dieter surely has a list of all former group buy prospectives...

Dieter will manage the group buy as he did this with the A4 lines - I hope.

(Dieter: Tschuldigung daß es so lange gedauert hat - dafür hab ich jetzt Wörterbücher zerfleddert daß es raucht)

So far - it's late now and it was a long and blooming week. Please state me obout the return spring and the space to the regulator housing.

Thomas

Thomas - many thanks for your efforts & attention to the details.

The original spring diameter is 14 mm.

The lines look very good as fitted in the photos. We value the time

that you have spent to make these lines again, and better than new!

Thanks also to Dieter - as his time and efforts are also much appreciated.

We wait patiently to complete the projects here with happy owners

in the future.

Happy New Year to you sirs!

Regards,

Rob

2002 Haus

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think 

This is excellent news, Thomas! Thank you for all your work and effort! I look forward to sale cost and availability details in the future!

Happy New Years!

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Danke Thomas, that's excellent information. I am sure everyone will be satisfied with the quality.

As for the spring, BMW parts# is 13541257052

I don't have an original on my tii, my diameter is about 13mm. Found a picture of an original, which seems a little thicker. Does anyone have the correct diameter???

So far, 48 faq'ers have shown interest, I will post the forum names tomorrow. As soon as Thomas has determined the final price, I will start accepting paypal payments - same procedure as with the Alpina lines.

Dieter

post-22748-13667667828792_thumb.jpg

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

Not sure if this is a one time only production run but I am surprised at only 48 takers.

Anyone with a tii, may want to consider a set or two.

Just as a reminder, BMW is only supplying a very crude looking black flexible tube for the #1 cylinder and the word is, the #2#3 and #4 will look that way when BMW depletes their current supply of the white milky ones.

So if you want your tii fuel lines to look like the original ones, this is your opportunity.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5