• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

banning members

gwb72tii

So we lost a good member and kept and obviously insane one. Wow, I am so glad we 'manned up'. Maybe I'll go drink some beer and belch loudly now that I am so manly.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

'69 2002

'59 MGA

'67 Chevy C20

“Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we lost a good member and kept and obviously insane one. Wow, I am so glad we 'manned up'. Maybe I'll go drink some beer and belch loudly now that I am so manly.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

It's the nature of the "internets", people come and go, our wee rust buckets will outlast all of us and that is all that matters on here.

Knowledge is nothing if it's not shared.

Manning up doesn't necessarily mean becoming an obtuse alcoholic, it could, at least in my book, also means learn to be an adult and side step crap on the floor and get on with your life instead of taking your ball and running home to Dear Mommie.

Looking To Buy A Roundie Near SoCal

Adolf - 1993 BMW 325i - Daily

Titus - 2010 Cannondale CAAD8 S6 - My Green Contribution

Vittoria - 1999 Ducati 900 SuperSports - When Time Is Of The Essence

Maybe I'll go drink some beer and belch loudly now that I am so manly

and stupid...anything goes folks...WOOOO HOOO!!!

post-16289-13667636745759_thumb.jpg

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

the entertainment value alone, of this thread, is reason enough to not ban anyone. as tasteless as some poster's posts may seem, where would we be without a little drama interspersed with 02 queries?

who doesn't read the headlines of the National Enquirer, or glance at the young starlets on the glossies, while standing in line at the checkout counter at the grocery store?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

the entertainment value alone, of this thread, is reason enough to not ban anyone. as tasteless as some poster's posts may seem, where would we be without a little drama interspersed with 02 queries

+1, I'm actually enjoying this tread except when someone tries to squeeze in the political preaching. This has past the "what do you do for a living" in post but we need to work on the views!

Since we're talking kittens and boobs. Here's a short vid. Might NWS, rated PG-13.

http://www.jokeroo.com/videos/funny/big-boobs.html

boobkittene.jpg

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Guest Anonymous

I can think of several solutions to the problem here.

First, do nothing and allow the board to police itself.

Second, take a week-long poll as to who should be banned, and allow the populace to decide.

Third, encourage the moderators to be a little more proactive at censuring offensive non-car-related rhetoric. This would not involve banning, per se, but would leave all posts intact, except the excised portions.

Fourth, is a variation of the last alternative. At the discretion of the moderators, all objectionable posts should be moved to a forum labeled “trunk baby.”

I speak as someone who virtually never posts but has rebuilt his fair share of 02's. There really should not be any place on this board for threatening people or even fantasizing about it. Offensive pictures may be a blurry subject, but in certain instances, the moderators should exercise the slightest discretion, particularly when the picture or related post is not car-related. Short of posting about a religious or political leader’s views about a certain model car or opinions on valve lift, posts containing overt political or religious messages should be deleted or moved to a more appropriate forum.

the moderators should exercise the slightest discretion, particularly when the picture or related post is not car-related. .

as i have mentioned earlier, mods should be able to engage,discipline posters who's primary goal is to stalk whoever they dislike with the intent to harass. Posting unsolicited personal information without consent to commit a wrongful act injurious to others is simply unacceptable.. The mods cannot seem to see the distinction...I'm not looking to Ban anyone but let's police it especially when the poster is anonymous.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

First, do nothing and allow the board to police itself.

Second, take a week-long poll as to who should be banned, and allow the populace to decide.

Third, encourage the moderators to be a little more proactive at censuring offensive non-car-related rhetoric. This would not involve banning, per se, but would leave all posts intact, except the excised portions.

Fourth, is a variation of the last alternative. At the discretion of the moderators, all objectionable posts should be moved to a forum labeled “trunk baby.”

you forgot the best solutions...cover your eyes and don't look...unplug you keyboard or toss your mouse in your desk drawer and take a break

seriously dude...striking posts or portions of from a thread...deleting it...it's a shame we can't do that in real life...JFK might be the oldest living president and john wayne could have played jeff bridges part in the latest true grit flik

Otis, keep the pictures coming! I find it just as humorous as the topic itself.

Banning is not the solution. Keep this forum BMW 2002 related and there would be no need. Again, lose the political section and keep your political views to yourself, easy as that. If you feel the need to talk politics talk it at the dinner table. Most probably want to talk it here because everyone else they know is sick of hearing about it. Politics have no place in a auto forum, it should have never been created and now we all see the result of it.

post-1228-13667636746941_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous
you forgot the best solutions...cover your eyes and don't look...unplug you keyboard or toss your mouse in your desk drawer and take a break

seriously dude...striking posts or portions of from a thread...deleting it...it's a shame we can't do that in real life...JFK might be the oldest living president and john wayne could have played jeff bridges part in the latest true grit flik

The best solution, according to you, was covered by option 1, let the board be self-policing. What you are advocating is those who come to the nuisance have little reason to complain. But you also know that some speech is not protected and in this instance, those moderators with their keyboards have the last word as to what goes on here.

I also read where recently JFK has been seen with Elvis and I'd bet that computer graphics could have easily enlisted the Duke for the TG v2 except that Duke's estate wouldn't license it. J.Bridges accomplished as much in Tron v2! lol

If it doesn't relate to cars or 02's it probably belongs somewhere else.