• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

banning members

gwb72tii

Politics have no place in a auto forum

why not? bunch of kids have it at volvospeed.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/forum/21-political-discussions/

are we not adults that we cant handle it? Delete the Political forum? let's do it!. But it will NOT solve the problem.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Politics have no place in a auto forum

why not? bunch of kids have it at volvospeed.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/forum/21-political-discussions/

are we not adults that we cant handle it? Delete the Political forum? let's do it!. But it will NOT solve the problem.

Obviously This thread shows how well "Adults" can handle it... It will solve the problem. How many will fight over how to properly install ball joints?? Seriously??

What you are advocating is those who come to the nuisance have little reason to complain. as much in Tron v2! lol

i'm not sure i understand what you're trying to or meant to say here...if i'm off base just cover your eyes...my apologies

what i'm trying to say parrots what so many have said...as in the case here and only for example...george, the TA is as big of an offender as JhC...georgies tack and demeanor is no different...he's as slanderous as JhC, as obnoxious, as insulting..etc..etc...ect

he wants to play but not pay...being chased around by a fellow asshole is the price one pays for getting involved with them...now that this thread hasn't work'd out in little georgies favor, he's acting like a spoiled child, kicking the dirt with his grubby little sneaker, picking up his marbles up and going home to cry to mama...

i could never imagine that if i was the most rotten person in the world, an absolute troublemaker for everyone here that anything i typed in one of the little boxes here would be erased...what we say and do here is what is and should remain for posterity.....and the search engine cache bots

and hey...even though i love jeff bridges, i never watched the 1st tron & have no idea what it or the latest version is about, not exactly my style of flik...but i loved starman & most recently crazy heart...did you ever know he could sing as well as he does?

Don't write, say in public, or post anything to the web that you don't want to have show up down the road in some other context.

oh i see. so people need to shut up and be silent so they dont wake up scumbags like you right? is that why you're hiding in your skirt?

You have a cousin who is an attorney, don't you

maybe, why dont you post some photos of him too.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

on the flip side ..jhc, quit being a dick.

HA! Clever - well done. That's the beauty of the word "flip".

here is his brother in the hut.

post-1760-13667636754261_thumb.jpg

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

Guest Anonymous
I can think of several solutions to the problem here.

the moderators should exercise the slightest discretion, particularly when the picture or related post is not car-related. .

as i have mentioned earlier, mods should be able to engage,discipline posters who's primary goal is to stalk whoever they dislike with the intent to harass. Posting unsolicited personal information without consent to commit a wrongful act injurious to others is simply unacceptable.. The mods cannot seem to see the distinction...I'm not looking to Ban anyone but let's police it especially when the poster is anonymous.

Hi Armond/GB/Toulouse/???

How many different names have you used? And why?

• Administrators

It's been interesting watching this thread go. 6 pages dedicated to 2 lines in a different thread that went unnoticed by 99% of people on the forum and should have been ignored by the rest.

Read the forum rules, yes, all of you should do that and follow them.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

In 9 years that we have been in existence we have not banned any one. I am not about to start. It's been working so far.

If we had a ban policy like most other forums, most of you would be banned for one reason or another. Be it rude language, abusive behavior, not staying on topic, posting links to other sites, selling items in wrong forums, commercial listings, complains about vendors, disagreeing with the administrator. The list can go on. I have no interest in trying to come up with a magic policy for any of this that some how satisfies all of you.

The only thing i do not like is SPAM. And i deal with those message on day to day basis.

I am sorry to see that some people do not like my approach to running this forum and I am sorry to see some people leave, but I have to stick to this method.

thank you,

steve "non-moderator" k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

It's actually a good metaphor....

Do you want to let the natural order of things sort it out, for people to become more tactful and intelligent in order to avoid conflict, and for society to become a better place through gradual improvement and survival of the fittest?

or

Do you want a 'nanny state' where the government takes care of your problems and protects you from your demons?

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser