• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

banning members

gwb72tii

Something tells me all the strict no banning advocates would change their tune if they had one of these anonymous idiots following around every single post they made with the most obnoxious comment they can muster up. Mighty easy to say ignore something that has no affect on yourself, huh?

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lets start with woe is me

sympathy for getting a 3 yr project smashed by a van running a red light, guilty as charged. many have had similar issues. have you?

...what's the old adage...can't see the forest for the trees....i think mr. smith is simply saying and i happen to agree, that you should have ignored it when 'he/she' posted in your son'd car wreck thread....you didn't, you played back...rather than ignoring him/her you created this separate, huge, loud thread poking him/her in the chest with your finger, while appearing to seek support for your position...if you don't want to know, don't ask

iirc, the last line of this thread stated, "maybe others want to chime in"...they have, mr. smith included and you happened not to like what "others" had to say....i happen to agree with mr. smith that your responses to 'him/her' are as offensive, on their face as you stated that he/she is in this thread

my opinion is that if you're gonna hang up your spurs and ride off into the sunset, be credible & do it don't keep looking back...if you're not, man up dude...this ain't disneyland

Actually Mr Smith acknowledged not having any idea who we are talking about and saying that his responses are just as offensive is about as accurate as saying a girl deserves to get raped because she wore a mini skirt.

This turning the other cheek crap sounds wonderful but it only hurts this board in the long run. Do you really think the contributions from JhC and gwb72tii have the same validity? You say to man up. Well I agree. Man up and ban the son of a bitch, don't put the burden of action on every one else.

huh? i know who JhC is... i said i had no idea about his son's wreck and the subsequent trolling on that thread. quit mis-quoting me..

Something tells me all the strict no banning advocates would change their tune if they had one of these anonymous idiots following around every single post they made with the most obnoxious comment they can muster up. Mighty easy to say ignore something that has no affect on yourself, huh?

ya, maybe so. but the people going rabble rabble over JhC are not innocent ..they have poked and prodded and been equally offensive. I went back and read a good portion of the threads; he may instigate, but they play right back into it and give him cause to go another round.

it's the fucking internet guys. not your neighbor ..not your brother in law ..the internet. quit taking things so personally and blow off the shit that truly doesn't matter.

I'm your garden variety "strict no banning advocate".

Let me tell you (if you've not experienced it) what can happen on forums where banning exists. I occasionally visit an adventure motorcycle riding forum. Some of the content on the site is phenomenal...really first rate photos, banter, technical info...But if you say one cross word (as determined by the censors of the site) PARTICULARLY to a more frequent / better known poster...WHAMMO...you're banned...maybe just a 5 day suspension...What the fuck? Is this grade school? I responded to a pompous asshole on a regional (local) thread. The jerk was completely out of line. I spoke my mind. No foul language, no hate speech...A moderator issued the next post in the thread warning me I'd be banned if I argued with a bastard that started an argument he couldn't defend in the first place...about a local (Arkansas) motorcycle issue.

This is an example of the "slippery slope" I refer to regarding banning users. This is the same basic shit that was going on at Roadfly prior to the creation of the FAQ. Grow some balls. No banning.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

grow balls my ass!

..f'ing anonymous no balls scumbags posts family photos and the mods dont do shit about it because it's "unpopular"

I think it's the other way around.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Thou shalt not ban. (13th commandment.)

If we start banning members, who decides who gets banned and on what grounds? Shall we have specific criteria? Rules?

It's like the freedom of speech. We may not like what some people say but we can't just shut them up.

JhC got under your skin, George. You let him. You fell into his trap.

You can always ignore. Not easy for some but always a choice.

But as soon as you engage the "offender" you lose.

I would hate to see you leave this board George. This is a car forum and if we stick to the topic of 2002s and ignore the occasional noise, it's a pleasant place. But you set yourself up here. You responded to JhC's post then started this one. Some people shield themselves behind the keyboard. But ultimately, you control the mouse with your hand and you decide to click the "submit" button.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I'm your garden variety "strict no banning advocate".

Let me tell you (if you've not experienced it) what can happen on forums where banning exists. I occasionally visit an adventure motorcycle riding forum. Some of the content on the site is phenomenal...really first rate photos, banter, technical info...But if you say one cross word (as determined by the censors of the site) PARTICULARLY to a more frequent / better known poster...WHAMMO...you're banned...maybe just a 5 day suspension...What the fuck? Is this grade school? I responded to a pompous asshole on a regional (local) thread. The jerk was completely out of line. I spoke my mind. No foul language, no hate speech...A moderator issued the next post in the thread warning me I'd be banned if I argued with a bastard that started an argument he couldn't defend in the first place...about a local (Arkansas) motorcycle issue.

This is an example of the "slippery slope" I refer to regarding banning users. This is the same basic shit that was going on at Roadfly prior to the creation of the FAQ. Grow some balls. No banning.

I agree Skip.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

lets start with woe is me

sympathy for getting a 3 yr project smashed by a van running a red light, guilty as charged. many have had similar issues. have you?

...what's the old adage...can't see the forest for the trees....i think mr. smith is simply saying and i happen to agree, that you should have ignored it when 'he/she' posted in your son'd car wreck thread....you didn't, you played back...rather than ignoring him/her you created this separate, huge, loud thread poking him/her in the chest with your finger, while appearing to seek support for your position...if you don't want to know, don't ask

iirc, the last line of this thread stated, "maybe others want to chime in"...they have, mr. smith included and you happened not to like what "others" had to say....i happen to agree with mr. smith that your responses to 'him/her' are as offensive, on their face as you stated that he/she is in this thread

my opinion is that if you're gonna hang up your spurs and ride off into the sunset, be credible & do it don't keep looking back...if you're not, man up dude...this ain't disneyland

Actually Mr Smith acknowledged not having any idea who we are talking about and saying that his responses are just as offensive is about as accurate as saying a girl deserves to get raped because she wore a mini skirt.

This turning the other cheek crap sounds wonderful but it only hurts this board in the long run. Do you really think the contributions from JhC and gwb72tii have the same validity? You say to man up. Well I agree. Man up and ban the son of a bitch, don't put the burden of action on every one else.

You Guys crack me up.

JHC is not ruining the forum (at least for me), it's hand wringing nancies, woe is me, let me trunce up JHC crowd, with their inane posts all day long that is ruining the board.

If you're out walking and a Dog starts barking at you, do you keep walking or do you stop there and bark back at the damn Dog?

I wish some of yah 'all can come and use your forum prowess to help me weld panels on my car. I mean yah'all are "elders" lol - after all.

Maybe JHC should be banned, not my call and I personally think it will be unfortunate, but guess what, we're all guests, let the owner of the site decide what to do and stop with the playing forum dictatorship.

This will be a very boring forum if we're all sheep and only talk about dwell angles, pro/con of caster, etc

Yes he insulted the OP and his Son but I'm matured enough to know that their was probably previous malice involved which doesn't affect me. OP threatened bodily harm, guess who is violating the law, the insult or the threat of violence. JHC did not gain or loose credibility with me from any of his posting that I've seen and I don't go looking for them but OPs threat and his general mannerism on this thread chapped my hide. It's internet, when you offload into hyperspace please expect some hyperbole, it';s the nature of the beast. Maybe OP can ask the forum owner to create him his own little space in the corner where only him and his friends can gather together and lick their wounds.

Remember Sir, don't go fighting a Pig, etcetera etcetera

Jeeeeezuz H Krist.

Looking To Buy A Roundie Near SoCal

Adolf - 1993 BMW 325i - Daily

Titus - 2010 Cannondale CAAD8 S6 - My Green Contribution

Vittoria - 1999 Ducati 900 SuperSports - When Time Is Of The Essence