• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any 02 Owners In The Hampton Roads Va Area?

Gordon

After 23 years of living on the left coast, I'm being transferred to the right coast by my employer. I'll be arriving in the local area in early DEC. I'm bringing two of my old school BMW's with me, my 91 E30 318i and my 74 2002tii. Look forward to meeting fellow 02 owners iin the area and going to Vintage at the Vineyards next May. Hopefully I won't have too much culture shock transitioning to the right coast after living on the left coast for so many years..

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Hey Gordon--if you're gonna be passing thru OH on your Cali-to-VA trek, lemme know.  I'm fifteen minutes south of I-70 on the east side of Dayton...

Will you be on the Norfolk or the Newport News side of the Bay?

Welcome (back) to the east coast.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I would not even try to hook up with that crew. They are pretty crazy! Send me a PM through this site and I will give you the e-mail of a couple of the misfits there. Proceed with caution!

They have a FB page as well       Tidewater 02 Gruppe

SteveWaddel.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8375BobParsons.jpg

Edited by BillWilliams

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

We are not in Tidewater (although I went to school there) but, not far, in Chesterfield.

If you like to autocross, we have several good clubs in the area.  The Tidewater Sports Car Club holds some nice events.

I'm partial to the Virginia Motor Sport Club (being a past president) that runs at the fairgrounds, the Richmond International Raceway, and Virginia Motorsports Park.  We also hold TSD events.  We have a lot of folks come up from Tidewater, including the well-known Morgan expert and driver John Shealley.

Cheers!

Michael

Bill, the Tidewater 02 Gruppe looks like a motley crew of old school BMW enthusiasts which I'm sure I'd fit right in with that group.  Mike, I'm staying south for my drive across country this time of year (1-40/81). I'll probably stay on the Newport News side of the bay due to traffic, I hate commuting.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Not an attempt to hijack the thread, but extending a sincere invitation to a great, 10 day long party:

I'm a bit to the northwest (Pittsburgh, PA), but, since I have your attention, I hope you and some of the other '02 guys from "down there" will make the trip to Pittsburgh, in July, for Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. We do get some northern VA/DC area BMW folks at PVGP and our local BMWCCA chapter does an outstanding job of entertaining everyone during "Race Week" (PVGP lasts about 10 days, with racing on two, consecutive weekends with a lot of vintage car-related events during Race Week).

So, after you get settled-in down there, check out www.pvgp.org and make plans to join us in Pittsburgh. BMWCCA Allegheny Chapter and PVGP regard the 2002 as VERY special cars and always love to see more of them.

We return you now to your regular topic thread. ;)

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002