• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a set of Minilites...

Delia

Now I need a car!

OK, I don't *really* need a car.

Anyway, I saw a set of 13" x 6" Minilites on craigslist and went over to have a looky-loo. Included were the centercaps and 15 1/2 lugnuts. (I say 15 1/2 because one was missing a washer.)

Geez, they were nice! The owner had swapped them out for a set of E30 basketweaves and then sold the car.

The price was reasonable and I packed 'em up in my E30 318is and headed to my storage garage in San Rafael.

I was thinking that Paul Huber (Hi, Paul!) had given me several correct Minilite lugnuts at the Bay Area 02 Event in May, and I couldn't remember if I'd included them in the sale of my Minilite doublefins a couple weeks ago. I was kinda bummed thinking I'd be short one of these NLA parts.

So, while digging in my stash of rare stuff, I came across the bag with four (4) lugnuts and washers.

So....

Were the washers interchangeable?

Yup!

So, I'm happy! But do I need a car to put 'em on????

Later, guys!

Delia

post-169-13667598551849_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

i almost bought those. glad you picked them up Delia

Yeah, you *could* have bought them...

...but you'd be missing one of the washers!

;p

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

don't own yet...I was accumulating Bugeye Sprite parts for 5 years before I finally found one. Same with my Renault 4CV convertible...but it took me 23 years to find it!

Good score with the minilites.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

those regular ones don't hold a candle to the double-fins!

But they DO hold two extra inches of track.

;p

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I too found a set of 5 finned Minilites last week. They are on a car I picked up for a friend.

IMG_2997.jpg

wish those XZX's were still available in the 13" size. used to run the 165R15's on my '67 VW, they were cheap and lasted forever. Now if you can find them they are over $200 a piece.

Bill Williams: Is that the Largo Colorado tii? I'll never forget inspecting that car. Where's it going now?

Golf73: I have a set of 145R15 XZX radials on the front of my VW (from Coker Tire). I also have an older set of 155-15 Kleber tires on some chrome rims.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

wish those XZX's were still available in the 13" size. used to run the 165R15's on my '67 VW, they were cheap and lasted forever. Now if you can find them they are over $200 a piece.

They are in fact still available. Michelin has started remanufacturing some of its old classic tyres. BUT, they cost a bloody fortune!!

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

i checked C(h)oker Tire and the XZX's are $239 each. Add shipping and you're over $1,000 for a set of tires. F-ING RIDICULOUS!!! i actually heard that Coker bought the molds for those tires and are making them, but perhaps that was just a rumor and it's actually Michelin manufacturing them. whatever the case, the price is insane.

they do however carry "VREDESTEIN SPRINT+" in 165R13, for $76 anyone here have experience with that model of tire? not even sure where they are made - ?

they do however carry "VREDESTEIN SPRINT+" in 165R13, for $76 anyone here have experience with that model of tire? not even sure where they are made - ?

I had a set of Vredesteins fitted on 12" Minilites that I had on a Sunbeam Imp Sport (you probably don't know the model in US, but it's sort of like an early Mini but rearengined!!). On the Imp they worked really well, but can't say how they will perform on a 02??

I think the Vredesteins are produced in Holland.

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.