• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALPINA 2002

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

While waiting for my plane ride back to the Bay Area from OC, I accidently surf into Ireland Engineering's website (thinking I was logging in here) and what do I see but a pirated picture of mine on his website....(the "always workin' thumbnail, next to coming soon) ....very interesting. Maybe the coming soon will be him finishing off the fenders for me? Apparently he doesn't not understand copyright. This is the original photo.

317433118.jpg

http://www.bmw2002.com/

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

The photo was taken by ALPINA before the 6 hour Nurburgring race the car was about to compete in (its maiden voyage). The photo was given to me by them when they confirmed that I was in possession of the same car. The internet is somewhat all about "piracy" anyway - don't really care about that. In fact I have a few photo's that have other's copyright's on them as well, however I don't use them commercially in any way, shape or form. When it comes to this subject most folks just don't care (or maybe aren't aware) that is of course until they end up in court (and I am not suggesting that of course). Just surprised to see it pop up there. If he were selling posters or some such that he made from that photo we would be having a discussion for sure.

First off, absolutely NO socks with sandals--completely unacceptable unless you are old, a hippie, or just a plain old hippie. Besides, what the hell are those guys doing with sandals on working on a car in the pits anyway?!?! Secondly, I would, in fact love a poster of that picture--from Jeff Ireland or whoever. What do I care? I'm a poster whore! Thirdly, the guy with the jack is probably Neal Schon--guitarist for Santana and Journey!

Rob Capiccioni

1974 BMW 2002

2003 Ducati Monster 800S

2007 Acura TSX

....and the guy at the jack-handle is Borris Said .

Ahhhh, good ol' Boris.

Still have vivid images on my brain of him drifting like a maniac on the BMW Performance Center course in a brand spanking new M5 during O'Fest 2000. You should've seen the eyes on his passengers bulging out in sheer terror.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290