• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

what tyre size?

195/50/15 front

205/50/15 Rear

I can fit 205s in the front if I lift the car about 1/2", which I don't want to do. The fenders are rolled as well.

I can fit 215s in the rear and may in the future, but they are hard to find. I have not tried 225s and will do some calcs in a few weeks to see if that works too.

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in....

Coils in the front with the rabbit conversion, rear TEP race coil no pads. Wheels are 13x6 Panasports. I forget the offset and there is a 12mm spacer on the front. Tires for the track setup are 225-45-13 Hoosier all the way around. I'm working on a set of 3 piece Weds, 15x7... Gotta resize some pics for this post

Guest gliding_serpent
I researched the stance thread over the years when making decisions about the rebuild on my 68 2002 and wanted to report back.

68 2002

- 2 dot rear spring pads

- IE Stage I springs (all coils, front & rear)

- Bilstein HD front & rear

- 19mm swaybar front, stock rear

- 5x13 wheels - 185/70/13 tires

The stance is exactly what I was looking for:, obviously lowered but doesn't look too low in the back. Ride is more firm than stock but pleasant for general use. Handles nicely and doesn't jar your fiddly bits.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Looks great. This is the setup I am getting with possible changes in the swaybars. I don't want an "all show, no go" (cornering, bumps) car.

suspension plans are:

-rabbit metal flares

-ground control coils, rabbit strut inserts, and shorted front struts

-cut rear springs

-suspension techinques full front/rear sway bar set

-polyurethane bushings

-front/rear strut tower bars with a trunk-mounted battery

-most likely need to source a skid plate to protect the oil pan haha