• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

Thanks!

The wheels are HRE 504, 15x8.5 et10. The tires are Toyo R888 205/50r15.. they have real big sidewalls for a 205 which is why they don't look ridiculous on a 8.5".

The front suspension is adjustable on IE coils, the rear is IE stage 2 springs on dual (top and bottom) 3-dot spring pads.. I'd like to install height adjusters, probably in this next cycle.

The flares are IE, and I had to remove some of the inner lip with a flap sander to decrease tire rub.

Just mounted my set of 15x8 0et's with 205-50R-15s all the way around. Haven't installed the new suspension setup yet (H&R Springs with Bilstein HDs), but will be this weekend. Car also has turbo flares.

Upon mounting the wheels and tires it looks like I'm going to have some clearance issues in hard turns. I've been told time and time again that I shouldn't have any issues. I guess its really too late to worry about it now, but has anyone run this setup? And if so, what kind of height/clearance do you have?

Pictures to come as soon as everything is complete

Running the a 16x8 et0 setup with coil overs. Fronts are 205/50 rear are 225/50 You will definitely have some clearance issues with the inner fender. I know others have had the same problem. M20 Curtis used a big hammer to get clearance, others have gone as far as cutting into the inner fender, which is what I plan on doing.

8457301048_442de8e2be_z.jpg

References:

8896652784_3f4bbfe54f_o.jpg  1976 2002 - M20 swap in progress -- Build thread - http://bit.ly/2002M20build

dont know why haha more headaches but dropped the coils more maxed out this time fronts and rears car, still handles like a proper car no bottoming out of any sort. Lowest i can go static without bag system. This is a daily driver in L.A., rebuilt m10 boosted coming soon! ZOMBIE LIFE!!!

http://i.picresize.com/1Cz

http://i.picresize.com/images/2012/12/29/Jmkql.jpg

Normally I'm reeeeeeally not a fan of flares but I just adore your stance. Your car's stance is basically a visual representation of what I had imagined for my own car, cambered a bit in the back, tuck all around, slammed. What are the wheel/tire specs and flares you used?

THANXS!!! Enkei 15X8, its not a flare just a massive pull to the stock rear fenders, i'm in the process of going wider in the rear throwing a 30mm adapter! and installing rear bumpers. Updating the pics for a certain site soon!

My 1970 1600

Just removed the rota rb 15x7's and went back to my 13x6 Momo wheels, they are a +15 offset

I think the 13's just look and ride nicer.

Suspension is H&R springs (rear springs have lower pads), IE fixed camber plates, bilstein sports front and rear, big swaybars and 185/60-13 tires. I may pull the rear pads but for now I'm happy with it. Fenders are rolled and pulled so I can go lower if I want.

post-483-13667669732376_thumb.jpg

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

Only took me 4 1/2 years to join this thread, but better late than never, right?

Wheels: E30 steelies, painted silver. Yes, those are fake Alpina stickers. We can all dream, right?

Tires: Falken Azenis 615s. 195/60/14

Front Suspension: Non tii struts, cut down about 1 1/4". Koni inserts. Ground Control coil over conversion. Ground control adjustable camber/caster plates.

Rear Suspension: Koni inserts. Ireland stage II springs. Single dot pads.

02a_zps5de5419e.jpg02c_zpse8f79684.jpg02b_zps164227d4.jpg02d_zps8320ae04.jpg

02e_zps1b9f6dbf.jpg

• Like 1

Grover,

I have your car "bookmarked" to keep referring to it as I build my car. I really like everything you have done to yours, especially the color.

Question: I am interested in doing coilovers on the front, but don't have an extra set of tii struts, only the originals to the car. What struts did you use with your set up and did you have to do anything differently with those compared to using tii struts i.e. extra fabrication?

Thanks for the great motivation to finish my ride just right!!

Bart

Finally finished, or at least have come to a good stopping point and ready to post a picture or two...

1974 BMW 2002tii

-Ireland Engineering Turbo Flares

-15x8 0et 4x100 XXR 531's

-205-50R-15

-Bilstein HD Front Struts

-Bilstein HD Rear Shocks

-H&R Springs with No Pads

Matte White Plasti-Dip

Side Exit Exhaust Coming Soon

post-20405-13667669842477_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest gliding_serpent