• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

• 2 weeks later...

Coilovers are in!

Specs:

Coilovers are the standard shortened strut tubes, with Bilstein Sport inserts for the VW Rabbit. Springs are 7" 325 lb.

Rears are standard 02 Bilstein Sports with Ireland Stage II springs, cut 3/4 coil.

Wheels are Rota RB in 15x7, tires are Yokohama S-drive, 195/50/15.

All fenders rolled. (With a proper roller, not the neighbor kid's baseball bat).

A few more pictures are on my project blog.

P1000851.jpg

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

• 4 weeks later...
My Stance Rota RB 13X8 +4 offset Fronts: custom coilovers, camber plates, strut bar, 2inch shortened struts. Back: Lowering springs, bilsteins sport shocks. Coilover perch is from 35 to 50 and its set on 40.

No info on the rear whees and what if any other spacers he's running in front. Reason I ask is cause I'd say the stance is about as perfect as it gets!

Cyclone101, no reason to act like a douche.

Guys. Sorry for the delayed question, but do the rear bilsteins hd's come with coilover perchs?

are those borbets bolted on to the hub? and if so whats the clearance on the strut took look like? looks like those are going to basically all the way to the back of the wheel well judging by the small amount of poke

Yes Borbet type A, 16x9 rear, 16x7.5 front

They were not bolted to the hub in the picture just pushed all the way on, They will have about 0.25" more poke with the rotors in place but they clear the trailing arm even without it. The shock is not mounted and I am doing air again so all that is being worked out. It probably would hit the shock if I was not doing a custom mounting point.