• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

After what seems like years, I finally have my car back on the road so I thought I would post a pic. The interior still needs to be completed, but I have an Esty carpet kit on its way!

GC front coilovers with Koni sports

Custom rear coilover setup

Panasport 15"

Yokohama S-drive (195/50-15)

post-17355-13667662024381_thumb.jpg

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

Installed the eibach kit today. Here are a few pics of the 'stance' while playing around. bilsteins hd's. 195/50/15's.

With stock rear springs cut to 8 inches. measurement was taken with the top (single dot) pad installed on the spring - very minor rubbing on rear's:

IMG-20120705-00320.jpg

Newly installed eibachs - no driving yet - new 1-dot pads and new rubbers on bottom.

Queens-20120706-00331.jpg

Drove on the driveway with the eibachs and they settled a bit - new 1-dot pads and new rubbers on bottom.

Queens-20120707-00332.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

What offset are those wheels? fit looks great!

Finally testing fitting my H&Bs. 15x6.5 & 7.5 on 195/45. Not quite happy just yet..

hb2.jpg

HB-1.jpg

Posting on behalf of fellow board member....

2002 (f20 powered) with IE Turbo Flares and OEM Turbo Air Dam. Running 5-axis wheels 15x8 w/0 offset. IE shortened C/O's up front with Stg. 2 springs in rear.

thank you for providing info:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,372747/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,366755/postdays,0/postorder,asc/topic_view,/start,30/

Good question, I need to measure them again since I had them widen. But they are about 20et front and maybe 20-25et in the rear.

I bet you could be wider in the rear.

Just don't say that to any females.

Good question, I need to measure them again since I had them widen. But they are about 20et front and maybe 20-25et in the rear.

My plan is to put the 7.5 up front and make the rear 8.5. But that's just crazy talk, right? hehe

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

My plan is to put the 7.5 up front and make the rear 8.5. But that's just crazy talk, right? hehe

Don't the best idea's always start as crazy talk?

I bet with some stretch it could be done.

I have 8.25" with 195/45 for the rear that I am getting ready. They clear rather nicely so I don't doubt you can get 8.5 back there.

The 7.5" in the front will be the tricky one. :P

Don't the best idea's always start as crazy talk?

I bet with some stretch it could be done.

I have 8.25" with 195/45 for the rear that I am getting ready. They clear rather nicely so I don't doubt you can get 8.5 back there.

The 7.5" in the front will be the tricky one. :P

8.5 with 205 on the rear of stock rolled fenders!!=crazy talk! That's why I'm going to do it ohmy.gif

I'll already tried the 7.5 with 195/45 in the front and it's super tight but still doable. I would rather stick with 7" but I'm going to work with what I have.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig