• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Wishes to Our Friend Bill Williams

MikeinNC

Best wishes to you Bill...I'm sure you'll be fine afterward. A very dear friend of ours had a hip replaced after some real problems, and she is standing better than me now...and she's a young 89! :-)

Judy lost her Dad a week before Christmas, so it's been a little orugh around here.

Good Speed,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Bill's just being humble...truth is...he's so HIP - he thought he'd donate one to someone less so.

Good Luck Bill - I'll be thinking about ya'!

so um...Bill...does this mean they can ADD length to legs too? (just thinking out loud)

All the Best Mister!

Paul

Better, stronger, faster.

But on a seriously reduced budget.

Make sure the use the "good" titanium and not the cheap imitation stuff. Maybe even spring for the carbon fibre.

Best of luck.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Bill, just ask for the "special". Have them rotate your tires and lube the under chassis while you are in there. :)

seriously, good luck. You are in all our thoughts and now that you will be better and stronger there is no reason not to attend ALL the shows next year.

M.

Pay attention to your Physical Therapist and you'll be turning wrenches in no time.

The post-op course of care is when the fun begins! Listen closely and follow directions precisely, and stay up the routine. Hip flexor muscle contractures from not keeping up with stretches really affect hip function/motion. There ARE some limitations in the post-surg hip range of motion, unfortunately, but comfortable walking = priceless!

The structural or functional leg length discrepancy you've had certainly could have led to more weight bearing on that side's pelvic/hip/knee/ankle joint, and hastened its deterioration.

I just saw a patient today who had her hip done ~2 yrs ago (after fearing the procedure and suffering unbearably for a looong year). She's recently "overdone it" since participating in a 10,000 steps/day fitness regimen!!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif