• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok, can everybody post a picture of their car(s) please

dubois

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mate,

I took it roundtrip to work the other week, several hundred kilometers without any problems. One of the guys at work was stunned to find out I had more ground clearance in the up position then his huge sport utility Ford Excursion (not sure you get those down there - bigger then an Expedition). Last week I did have to replace a 40 year old fuel line that was leaking. Smelling gas and dripping it on the ground is never a good thing.

On a more humorous note, I will have to start to surf and lurk on an Austrialian Citroen discussion board to get some technical help because there are no Citroen discussion boards here in the States.

Cheers

David

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

• 1 year later...

WOW!! Some stunning machinery on this thread!! I love the diversity...

But I can see it's been a while since the last post in this thread - I recon it's time we get it going again... :-)

First my beloved veronarot BMW 2002 from '73. I've owned her for 15 years now - it was actually my first car! Since then I've owned more cars than I care to count, but I (luckily) never had the heart to sell this one... I've got full history on her including the original bill of sale and documents on every change of ownership since then. I am only the fourth owner and I actually know all three previous owners.

When it comes to my 02 I'm very much a member of the "Originale Polizei". So I run her on the original Solex 40mm downdraught, with points in the ignition etc etc... HeHe... I love retro!! :-D There's some original BMW extras on her like the 38cm BMW sports steering wheel, BMW leather gearknob, rev. counter, BMW/Blaupunkt monoradio, green tints, a rightside doormirror and of course those 5" 'tii' steelwheels that make such a huge visual difference from the stock 4½".

My only compromise with originality is a rather discreet stainless steel exhaust from 'Larini Systems', 1" lower Alpina-replica springs from 'Team Andexer' and then the 185/70 tyres instead of the standard 165 items.

Hmmm... I could go on forever about my 2002 - stories about attending the "Bavaria Tour 2002" and the "Bavaria Tour 2006" with her and so on and so on, but I better leave that for another day and another thread.... ;-)

MotorClassic20071.jpg

MotorClassic20072a.jpg

MotorClassic20073a.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have any digital pics of my BMW 3,0S. But it's a '74 in polarissilber metallic, with a blue velour interior and totally original. I took her off the road 11 years ago when I moved to Hong Kong, and I've just never gotten around to getting her registered again. Silly really as she's quite clean. Having been unused for so long now, she does however need suspension including bushes, brakes, tyres and a pretty serious tune-up. It'll happen some day....

Then there's my daily driver and track-tool. She was born a 325i in '93, but I've recently transformed her into a rather different creature! She's now got a 328i engine but with the bigger inlet manifold from the 2,5 and a euro-M3 6-branch exhaust manifold with a 'Reuter Motorsport' stainless steel sports exhaust. There's a Bilstein B10 kit on her, M3 bushes, ATE powerdiscs with Ferodo DS2500 pads, 'UUC Motorwerks' shortshift and a M3 25% LSD to top it off. Well, there's really also a whole lot more to tell about this one, but as this is an 02 forum, I won't bore you guys.... :-D

DSCF1099.jpg

DSCF1104-1.jpg

DSCF1113-1.jpg

Now you've seen mine - go ahead, show me yours.... ;-D

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

my most recent acquisition a couple of days ago and strictly an impulse buy that i couldn't refuse..

fully loaded 97 honda accord special edition...94k miles...$1800.00 with brand spanking new 15" tires and battery

there's something to be said about buying a used car that you can just get in and drive the hell out of without worry

post-164-13667585962557_thumb.jpg