• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

my dad and i painted the interior with por15 yesterday. now its ready for sound deadening. i covered the inner 1/4's and inner doors with that stuff they put on the new bimmers. my body shop guy gave me a whole bunch of squares of it to use. i waxoyl'ed all inner seams also. last night me and peter installed and timed the cams on the s14 and finished up the new timing components. did the angle torques on the new rod bearings and today ill install the pan and set the motor in the subframe and set it aside.

heres a couple more pics

post-180-13667566408323_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667566411051_thumb.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do I come back and look at this post? Arg very envious. Can't wait to see it done.

Wonder if it will be quicker than the Zinno beast.

no it wont be quicker than my e30 but after driving jan's M2 while i was in palo alto i think it will be a lot more fun. jan's car was better balanced than my e30 and just felt better.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

today i started hanging accessories on the s14 to make sure i have everything (hoses etc). its funny how much you forget over a year. im glad i took pics.once i know i have it all ill tear it down and have my dad put the final coat on the block. right now its just por15'd. he needs things to stay busy and he loves to help me on the car so thats good.

then i fabricated brackets to mount the aftermarket a/c condensor. i made it so the bracket mounts the condensor to the cowl and the spal 15" pusher hangs off that same bracket and spaces the fan about 3/16" away from the condensor. im still working on an oil cooler bracket and im realizing theres a limit to how much shit you can stuff into the nose of one of these cars. i will need to trim a portion of the slats on the backside of my grilles to get the cooler in but it will work. then i got the c/r steering box ready for paint. i tore it down and inspected it last week. its really in good shape with no pitting or flat spots and has 3 turns of adjustment left in it. thanks jeff. new seals and a few coats of red oxide primer covered in clear and it should be good. i think this color will match perfectly. its going to be shinier than stock but the color will be a good match.

post-180-13667566475954_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667566479189_thumb.jpg

post-180-1366756648183_thumb.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looking good!

Hey Steve how much Por-15 did u use?

daniel

hi daniel. im on my 3rd quart on the entire car but the interior really only took a 1/3- 1/2 qt. i did the inner fenders and today im doing the underside but im not using por15 on that. this is the shittiest job i think. paint in my hair,eyes and face. ill be glad when its done

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Not going to be ready for tomorrow? LOL! See you there.

ill be there. but in my e30. i dont think ill last long as its going to be 100 and i talked my wife into riding in the red car with me. she wont get in it for another year after she realizes its about 130 degrees inside on a day like tomorrow

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Heres my first attempt at bending stainless hard lines for fuel. this is the easy one. the hard part will be bending the second one and having it match exactly. ill let you know how that goes. i bought 50 feet of 5/16's stainless tubing. you can see i dont have the underside completely painted yet. i want to mock up the lines, then remove them and paint then ill re-install them so they look pretty. i used bmw fuel line clips for an e30 and drilled thru the floor. ill silicone the holes before sound deadening goes down.

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

today i bent the second fuel line and it doesnt look bad. 1 little mistake but i recovered from it and its not bad for a first time effort. i laid down 60 square feet of edead vse1 and i only have the back half done. i ordered another 60 ft today besides all the scraps ive collected from others projects. my car will probably be slower than an m10 car as ill have so much weight in sound deadening but im hoping it will be relatively quiet inside. no pictures today as my camera laid down and bubbie has the 10d at work. maybe ill take some tonight when she gets home. im trying to determine what ill need for adapters for braided line that will show in the trunk. (im going to have a remote filter and pump mounted somewhere) and i want it to look nice. all these fittings are confusing and it appears i need to buy a flaring tool. anyone have a recommendation on a flaring tool??

oh the high point of my day,,, cameron came over to check out my car and brought along a set of coops billet axle stubs he never ended up using. he gave them to me for a really nice deal so ill be using those on my new tii arms. thanks cameron

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com