• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

what kind of sound proofing are you using? what did you use in the engine compartment? Looking pretty good!

the foil lined stuff is called edead. i read a supposedly unbiased review of products and this seemed like the best value. to do what i did in dynamat would have been unrealistic. i hope this stuff turns out to be as good as claimed. the engine bay is just a factory firewall blanket. is that what you meant??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i forgot to add, i got a call from jan last night in san jose. i purchased 5 yards of black scheel fabric from germany and had it shipped to jans house. while i was in palo alto i snagged a set of scheel mann sport seats and stored them at jans house until i could get the fabric to recover them. jan was good enough to volunteer to have his upholstery guy recover them so hes going to get those over there next week. seams perfect already made me a matching rear seat cover in scheel fabric.

i will probably have a nice set of scheels for sale soon (my previously purchased scheels)

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Again..great project and workmanship.I sent you an e-mail re: the Scheels.

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

ive been busy doing small stuff that doesnt really show so no great pics to share. i installed the harness on the motor and am ready to drop that in as soon as i attach the passenger mount.

s14010.jpg

i have got most of the body harness figured out and tagged. i wrapped it in friction tape which i think i mentioned earlier and everytime it touches the car it leaves black nasty crap on the paint. i stripped it all off in the engine bay and after i graft the s14 harness in ill use something else. ive yet to decide if ill pull the trunk harness back out to redo it

s14002.jpg

and i finished "rebuilding" my close ratio steering box, got it painted as close as i could come to the factory red and installed that. subframe should go in this weekend

s14012.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looking great Blunt, just got a quick question what did you use for the wheel wells. Thanks and again it looks amazing so jealous

Tristan

they all received por15, then body schutz, then body color and finally 2 coats of rustoleum satin black by brush. it looks as if it were sprayed on as you cant see any brush marks because of the body schutz spray

thanks man

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I was wondering where you got a hold of the factory gray firewall mat in your photos... If you have a contact for those, or a part # from BMW, could I get that info?

Its looking beautiful... I can't tell you how jealous I am of all you guys who have garages! Doing a restoration out of an apartment just flat out sucks. Keep up the great work, and thanks for all the help you've given me with my project!

Do you get your POR 15 at Home Depot or a paint place? I've never purchased/seen any before.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

I was wondering where you got a hold of the factory gray firewall mat in your photos... If you have a contact for those, or a part # from BMW, could I get that info?

Its looking beautiful... I can't tell you how jealous I am of all you guys who have garages! Doing a restoration out of an apartment just flat out sucks. Keep up the great work, and thanks for all the help you've given me with my project!

Do you get your POR 15 at Home Depot or a paint place? I've never purchased/seen any before.

i bet thats difficult not having a garage. i worked out of 1 stall for many years before i could afford a larger garage. you can get a lot done, it just requires you to be real organized but no garage would be tough

firewall insulation is #51 48 7 450 110 i sell them for about 48 bucks or maybe 46 i dont remember.. list at my dealer is 53.50

www.por15.com is where i get my paint,,,,,,, if youve never worked with that stuff pay attention to the instructions and wear gloves. it wears off your skin, it doesnt come off with paint thinner.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

BLUNT - your car looks incredible and your garage is so clean and organized. I can only aspire to be as organized and meticulous. Thanks for sharing your journey and the great documentation. I've been following your progress for some time now and the end is so so near!

Thanks again for getting me those door seals and the rear euro bumper guards. You ever find the fronts?

Can't wait to hear and see your bad ass 02.

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

i bet thats difficult not having a garage. i worked out of 1 stall for many years before i could afford a larger garage. you can get a lot done, it just requires you to be real organized but no garage would be tough

You'd be amazed at how many parts can be very thoroughly cleaned by your ordinary household Dishwasher or Clothes washing machine. I should also add that the lingering scent of degreaser will not leave your kitchen sink for a week, should you choose to use it as an impromptu parts cleaner.

When I soaked my wiring harness to clean all the big crud off it, I used my bathtub, then hung it up to dry in the shower. My room-mate loved that one.

Thanks for the tip on the firewall mat. Email sent!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

BLUNT - your car looks incredible and your garage is so clean and organized. I can only aspire to be as organized and meticulous. Thanks for sharing your journey and the great documentation. I've been following your progress for some time now and the end is so so near!

Thanks again for getting me those door seals and the rear euro bumper guards. You ever find the fronts?

Can't wait to hear and see your bad ass 02.

"your garage is so clean and organized"

hahahahahahahaha you have no idea evan but thank you. every shot i take is thought out as to the messy background. seriously, my garage is a freaking mess. i have 1000 sq feet and all i have in there is my e30 and 02 stuff. i have to stop and reorganize every few days. im a mega slob.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Lets just say Blunt knows where everything is in the garage!!

cameron knows. although as the car goes together i have a lot more room. once the subframes are in i can get rid of the tables and ill have room to build another car. oh oh

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com