• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

Congrats,what a nice project and Colorado at that.Looking forward to seeing updates.

Best Regards

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ha, still not home. however the 540 is up and running and my dad is loving it. im not sure when ill see my 02 so in the mean time im buying up more parts. i got a set of lee's massive brakes and i just snatched a nice set of staggered alpina 15's for trading power. hopefully next week it will be home but im tired of saying that

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Trading power? Hmmm... Alpina's, Massive brakes... dont start copying my ideas :-P Hahahaha.

Did you end up sorting out how to do your dash covering?

Yeah, mine will be here soon as well... We must be getting told the same stories from Paint shop digest!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

its not home but its done. i saw it today all wetsanded and buffed. im real happy with the results. it looks dipped.

i need to drill a couple holes i forgot about tomorrow and ill be trailering it home.

i spoke with my buddy kevin from creative options, who is recovering my dash a couple days ago. hes getting close. he has the pattern done and said it wont be long. he said i was going to love it and kevins fussy so im excited. he said lots of french seams. ill post some pics when i get it. it may be a good option for some of you guys. he can do vinyl ,leather or ultra suede. he can even do human skin. ok, no he cant

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

so i picked it up about 3 days ago. im real pleased with the paint and bodywork. if i had any complaint it would be that it took 10 months but it was well worth the wait. heres a few pics of it. its going together quickly as everythings done and just waiting to be bolted on. ive collected quite a stash of parts over the last 2 years and its reaaly fun bolting on freshly rebuilt or new parts. my dad is coming out tomorrow to help me paint the interior in por15. hes as excited as i am. ill post pics as it comes together.

post-180-13667566299049_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667566302248_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667566304773_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667566307675_thumb.jpg

post-180-1366756631032_thumb.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

WOW MOHOLY-NAGY!

That is HOTT.

It will be a few weeks before I spend the dough, I have a Boston vacation coming up where every penny counts, but I have the PAR lamp thing figured out. I'll email you when it goes down.

Looking good! Hope things come together for you with no "extra parts."

-Andy

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

Blunt, looks great. DON'T let it fall off the dolly! What's going on with your rear strut brace? Is your guy going to make more of them?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

thanks harv, i was a nervous wreck with it on my car trailer. the rear strut brace im not happy with. it was a good idea but he changed the design without asking me and they way its made now when the battery tray is attached you have to remove the entire brace to get the battery out. his thought was good,,, to get the weight of the battery as far to the pass side and as far in front of the rear axle but its a hassle removing the brace to get the battery out. i guess its not something you do very often but still. if youd like his email addy i can supply it

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I just asked you about that in my thread...

Interesting... have you considered the Zenon method of battery mounting? I have got a Braille battery to go under the back seat out of the way, lower CoG and keeping my boot space free...

I really didnt like the concept of losing so much of my boot space and having the terminals in the back with stuff potentially floating around in there near them... even capped, I would hate for something to knock them off and be live in there!

Check out www.zeebuck.com

The bloke who did your rear strut brace did a front one didnt he? What do they cost?

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

in this car ill have a stereo with a substantial power draw so i dont think a zenon type system will do. yes, the guy who made my braces makes a front bar also but i ended up sending mine back as it didnt fit correctly. i think you need to fit the bar to the specific car to get a correct fit. at least with mine you did

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looking great!!!

I purchased the same rear strut brace (w/o the battery tabs) and when I was fitting it realized the same thing about having to remove the bar to get to the battery - I figured I'll be using an Optima Red so I may not have to worry about it as much?.. I also had some issues with fitting, I needed to use the big rubber hammer to make it see things my way ;)

The Optima battery will be mounted behind the bar with a box I purchased from http://www.papajim.net/ (I am very pleased with the quality - Very clean welds!). I will also mount a board in front to hold the 2 amps for my stereo and to help keep things from getting to close to the battery.