• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New wheels

Andy74tii

Thanks! These are Cromodoras, 5.5 x 13. As John said, they are definitely old school. I remember seeing a silver tii with these on it back in about '81 when I had my first 02, and thinking that someday I would really like a set of those. Sort of makes the car look like a miniature Ferrari. :)

Because they are a magnesium alloy, they are very light, about 8 lbs., I think. Some of you might remember I had BWA sportstars on it (will be for sale soon), and they were about 11 lbs. I think. The stock steelies are 13 lbs. or so. I bought this car in 2000 from a guy on the old Roadfly board (pre FAQ), and spent about three years on resto. Since early 2003 it has been my daily driver. I took the wheels (I have six of them) to my body painter to put on Polaris Glasurit paint. He did the repaint on mine, which is Turkis, the original color. As I recall, this is one of the rarest colors for the '74 tii.

post-191-13667560659189_thumb.jpg

post-191-13667560660346_thumb.jpg

FAQ Member #126

Turkis was used on squarelights...sometimes colors are hard to tell on computers...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

squarelight Turkis car I've ever heard of--my color charts show it as a 72-73 only color, and maybe not even in 72...

Chime in, anyone if you've seen/heard of a turkis squarelight...gotta keep my information up to date. This is kinda like the Manila, Turf and Bristol US 2002s...not catalogued, but they exist...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

These are also some of my favorite vintage wheels. Similar story with me, I saw them on an 02 about 20 years ago and have wanted some ever since. I'll put the NOS set I have on my tii someday if I don't get the 'double fin' Minilites I want...

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Mike, I'm not an expert by any means. But I think Turkis was only a 74 maybe 75 too color. I have only seen square light cars in turkis.

I could be wrong, and have been before.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

we spoke about it a bit at vintage this past summer, mike. although mine is currently turkis and primer...it will be repainted turkis eventually.

from MT "The BMW 2002 tii US VIN 2780168 was manufactured on January 22nd, 1974 and delivered on January 29th, 1974 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors in New York City. The original colour was Turquoise metallic, paintcode 065."

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)