• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone tried the Kindig-it door handle?

Not planning on it. It is crazy priced item.

Looks cool, just wondering if anyone has tried them and if the install was a PITA. 

WWW.KINDIGITAPPAREL.COM

Kindig-it Design

Cheers! 

Vic 

Edited by Vicleonardo1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

• Vicleonardo1 changed the title to Has anyone tried the Kindig-it door handle?

Sunken flush door handles ain’t really an 02 thing… it’d have to a highly-modded show car with all the body work involved.  (esp since it’s pretty tight up in there with our thin curved doors with handle pockets — and you’d need to re-engineer a linkage to the bulky inside of those sunken handles). They’re more ‘merican styled to my eye.

Cool tho’

I personally think the sleek art deco-styled door handles with the upper ribbing details that we gots already are pretty darn sweet..

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

dammit- they are sold out of Bronco flares!

Those would ROCK!

t

"every Kindig-it Design vehicle featured on Bitchin' Rides "

"Get ready to impress onlookers and haters"

"releasing your herculean exhaust note."

just.... don't.

Edited by TobyB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Kinda like a flame job on a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II.  It just ain't an 02's style.  

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

There is a lot of metal work needed just to the door skin to make it fit. That portion of the door has a rather significant curve so the flat face on the handle might not look as smooth as you would like. What do you do about the lock? Getting the mechanism to hook up to the latch in the limited space you have in that area will be interesting.

I'm sure it can be done all it takes is skill (or enough $$ to hire someone that has it) 

• Like 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

1 hour ago, Preyupy said:

That portion of the door has a rather significant curve so the flat face on the handle might not look as smooth as you would like. What do you do about the lock? Getting the mechanism to hook up to the latch in the limited space you have in that area will be interesting.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, Byron

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I am not doing it guys!

His handles seem to keep showing up on a lot of customization shows and I was wondering if anyone here tried it. 

The closest I am getting to the "shaved" look is having the lower trim taken off , euro turn signals and  bumpers. 

• Like 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

2 hours ago, Preyupy said:

Getting the mechanism to hook up to the latch in the limited space you have in that area will be interesting.

This👍.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944