• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E12 engine??? into a 2002..

16 minutes ago, Mike G said:

What’s an e12 motor? Didn’t those have a few different engines?

Stateside E12 cars were fitted with M30 (big six) engines of different displacements.

2.8L 3.0L and 3.3L.

Judging by its popularity I would assume that The M20 (baby six) is a more practical conversion.

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

40 minutes ago, tech71 said:

Stateside E12 cars were fitted with M30 (big six) engines of different displacements.

2.8L 3.0L and 3.3L.

Judging by its popularity I would assume that The M20 (baby six) is a more practical conversion.

good to know. For OP here’s some reading or follow this guy on IG for current status updates

IMG_8303.jpeg

• Like 1

An M12 is the DOHC M10.

An E12 got everything from an M10b18 to an M30b35.  What you gots there is an M30b33

The 'big six' was in fact perty farkin' big, as were the transmissions

that fit to it, so while a few did wedge them in,

cutting up the floor boards and firewall, historically, most found smaller,

higher bhp/lb options.

If you was a gonna do it, might as well go full M88/S38 for full effect.

Or smaller and lighter, M54b30.  

does the m30 Trans bolt up to the 2002 body with no fabs?Also what parts do I need for this build? Could someone please make me a list this is my first build

uhhh... heh.... sure, not a single fab, and you'll need some bolts, a welder and a sawzall.

t

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

3 minutes ago, TobyB said:

uhhh... heh.... sure, not a single fab, and you'll need some bolts, a welder and a sawzall.

And don't forget you'll need one of these.

"Felix Carrying a Bomb Relaxed Fit" Sticker for Sale by EdytheSeeley

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I believe the fist one was done by an airforce officer stationed in Germany. There was a post with an article about it.

I would go with a s54, much easier to fit since it's almost the same size as an m20. You might be able to squeeze it in without extensive transmission tunnel modification.

Have you priced an S54 recently?  It's almost cheaper to buy a whole E46M3 right now!

The stinker about the M54/S54 is that the transmissions are so chunky, and have a lot

of bulk above the crank centerline.  The engine itself can be squeezed in there, but then there's 

just no room for bellhousing or transmission.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

2 hours ago, Jeff Zanassi said:

Its just a thought!! Any advice??

Keep it just a thought, dont do it.

Sell it for seed money for an engine that fits with less major structural modifications.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris