• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Cover for 2002?

Fishfan

Many don’t like covers, since they can trap/retain dirt and dust and when they move around can scratch up the paint. Others like em for weather protection If the cars fully clean and they fit really well.

Covercraft makes a wide variety of 2002-specific covers, indoor and outdoor, see here:

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/1974-bmw-2002/vehicle-covers/?layout=horizontal

IIRC, California Covers and BavAuto were some other well-regarded brands…

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Buy whatever seems like a good quality material but is cheap enough, because covers need to be replaced after a while. They get moldy or holes get ripped in them etc. Mine has a hole poked through it for the antenna.

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

Since my '74tii only gets a car cover on non-rainy days, I took the easy way.  I bought 2 nothing-fancy least-expensive cloth car covers from the local Pep Boys.  I put one onto the car, then put on the second cover over the first.  Then some zip ties around the edges to keep 'em together.  Voila, a 2-layer cover.  Works just fine to protect paint and interior from the sun.

Cheers,

Carl

On 7/27/2023 at 9:04 PM, Fishfan said:

Anybody have a good recommendation on a car cover for a 2002. I live in Florida and have 1966 Dodge and my cover has been invaluable.

Inside or outside storage?

On 7/28/2023 at 5:46 AM, visionaut said:

Many don’t like covers, since they can trap/retain dirt and dust

And moisture! I've seen what a top quality cover can do to an improperly stored 02 (as in outside).

So I"m not a fan.

Ok for inside storage to keep the dust off but forget thoughts about protecting your car from the elements outside.

Find a garage.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

I found these guys recently. sealskincovers.com

The covers are reasonably priced and seem well made. They provide a warranty for one free replacement (no time limit, AFAIK) if the cover fails. They don't seem to have a good handle on sizing. I ordered one for my 2006 Jetta TDI and it seemed really big. I ordered another one for my 325iX and it was just about right. They replaced the cover they originally provided for my Jetta with the smaller one provided for my 325iX. I will provide pics if anyone is interested.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga