• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excellent Customer Service from Ireland Engineering

Tdh

I got a package from Ireland that showed up at my door damaged, clearly by the shipper (fedex). It looked like they’d thrown it against a wall. Fedex even sent me a confirmation of delivery email with a photo of the package on my doorstep CLEARLY showing a gaping hole in the box.  As you all have guessed some of my parts had fallen out of the box and gotten lost. I emailed Ireland to let them know, and to ask how I should handle this with FedEx since it was pretty clearly not the fault of Ireland Engineering. 

Their response was to apologize for the inconvenience and to inform me that they were shipping out the lost parts TODAY via 2 day air. The response was quickly followed by another email with the tracking number of the shipment. 

Not their fault, and they still fix the problem no questions asked. Thanks Ireland Engineering! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tdh said:

since it was pretty clearly not the fault of Ireland Engineering. 

Devils advocate here.

Unless it was heavy stuff improperly packed that beat the crap out of the box.

It happens.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

7 minutes ago, tech71 said:

Devils advocate here.

Unless it was heavy stuff improperly packed that beat the crap out of the box.

It happens.

I can appreciate you playing devils advocate. I like to do so myself!

In the immortal words of Dante, “I assure you” it was obviously handled pretty rough by the shipper. The delivery photo by FedEx was hilarious. The driver didn’t even bother to try and hide the hole in the box. It was front and center in the photo. 

And, even if it was a “heavy items in the box, it happens” issue, you still have to hand it to Ireland for taking care of it so fast with fuss. 

• Like 2

I too have had positive experiences with Ireland- 

was there any indication of who was on the other end of the email?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I recently had a missing part from a kit that I purchased from Ireland. Paul McCarthy was extremely helpful in sending the part immediately. 

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

Mine had nothing to do with FedEx. It simply wasn't in the sealed package where it was supposed to be. As I said, Ireland sent it immediately.

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

39 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

Some of my most frustrating experiences has been attempts to redeem insurance claims from shipping providers.

Agreed. You better have dated pictures of the item before it was shipped, in the packaging, etc. And they will demand 'proof' of its value, which is very hard to do with, say, an original 2002 LSD (which they lost).

• Sad 2