• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts in Common with Other Marques

Slavs

7 hours ago, uai said:

Grain of the texture and the foam body of the rim is slightly different.
If I have them in front of me I can distinguish one from the other

I'm sorry, but I don't by into that. It sounds like e9 propaganda  trying to suggest that the Scirocco Petri wheel is different in that its leather is from the cow's ass while the e9 Petri wheel's leather is from the cow's back or something to that extent. As far as foam is concerned, it gets affected by the heat over the decades. The factory producing these Petri wheels did not care or know on to which car any particular wheel would be mounted. That's my take on the matter.

Edited by Alexei
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alexei said:

I'm sorry, but I don't by into that. It sounds like e9 propaganda  trying to suggest that the Scirocco Petri wheel is different in that its leather is from the cow's ass while the e9 Petri wheel's leather is from the cow's back or something to that extent. As far as foam is concerned, it gets affected by the heat over the decades. The factory producing these Petri wheels did not care or know on to which car any particular wheel would be mounted. That's my take on the matter.

Sorry you're not into detail. No cow was harmed in production of these wheels.
Apart from that. This wheel was not an aftermarket item so Petri was OE Supplier and they knew very well to which car they were fitted. Yes you can fit a Scirocco wheel to a BMW hub and it will fit the car and most people won't see the difference. But the wheels are not identical.

Edited by uai
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, uai said:

Grain of the texture and the foam body of the rim is slightly different.
If I have them in front of me I can distinguish one from the other

Aren't the VW Scirocco Petri wheels slightly more dished than the BMW ones? 

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

4 hours ago, m5bb said:

Windshield washer pumps that were NLA for a long time were also in many Porsche's. 

You can get them again now. 

Also older Audis and VW Rabbits/early Golfs.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

13 hours ago, uai said:

Sorry you're not into detail. No cow was harmed in production of these wheels.
Apart from that. This wheel was not an aftermarket item so Petri was OE Supplier and they knew very well to which car they were fitted. Yes you can fit a Scirocco wheel to a BMW hub and it will fit the car and most people won't see the difference. But the wheels are not identical.

I don't what's worse, e9 propaganda or NATO propaganda. But, we'll agree to disagree.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Don Bower said:

Contemporary Mercedes used the same trap mirrors -- and MB sources for them now are often less expensive.

That is the case with some other 02 related parts. The jingoism surrounding 02s has gone off the charts. So, the same part is more expensive when sold for the 02 than it is when sold for another marque. 02s are "Hot" now, and so is anything associated with them, unfortunately. A couple sets of Borrani Wheels for an 02 have sold for $4,500 and $6,500 on the BAT auction site last year.