• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer Needle

mofares

My speedometer needle broke today as the cable connection was not screwed in tight. Made the needle suddenly jump past the stop tab. I wanted to know if anyone can inform me if the needle assemble can be replaced alone or do I need a used unit for parts? If anyone has a used working unit or the needle assembly I would appreciate your help in buying one. Feel free to send me a DM. Thanks. 

IMG_2259.JPG

I did a column on repairing those plastic needles used on the black face speedos--PM me for a copy, but AVG above pointed out, the return spring looks pretty well trashed, so it might be a job for a speedo repair shop.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

• 4 months later...

Has anyone found a speedometer needle (non-silver dollar) that they’re willing to sell? Mine broke this morning

thanks

'73 2002 - Malaga (DD)

2011 Mini Cooper (Lemon- returned)

2004 Subaru WRX STi

2002 Subaru WRX (gone)

'73 Mercedes Benz 4.5 280SE (gone)