• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno's Garage

NYNick

2 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

Nice car, video, and interview.  Very nice.

Why (after spending >$10,000,000 [a wild guess but probably close] on that beautiful car) did he not fill the two front bumper slots?

The bumper slots remain open for the tow hooks, we took them off for the filming and around town driving. :)

• Like 7

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

2 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

Nice car, video, and interview.  Very nice.

Why (after spending >$10,000,000 [a wild guess but probably close] on that beautiful car) did he not fill the two front bumper slots?

Do you mean > $100,000?

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

21 minutes ago, Shad said:

The bumper slots remain open for the tow hooks, we took them off for the filming and around town driving. :)

Very nice build. 

Just wondering, is this the one in your sig marked as sold? 

I can't imagine something this nice going up to that large of a audience and not getting a few stout unsolicited offers. 

56 minutes ago, Shad said:

Awesome build. The attention to detail on your car is outstanding! 

Whats Jay like in real life? I love that he's 100% interested in everything you have to say, and clearly just enjoys doing his videos. I'm he doesn't "need" to them, but he clearly just likes to chat to other enthusiasts.

Did he give you a tour of the garage?

1 hour ago, C A W said:

Awesome build. The attention to detail on your car is outstanding! 

Whats Jay like in real life? I love that he's 100% interested in everything you have to say, and clearly just enjoys doing his videos. I'm he doesn't "need" to them, but he clearly just likes to chat to other enthusiasts.

Did he give you a tour of the garage?

To clarify...I'm Shad the guy who managed the build, fabrication, and assembly of this project for Dorian, the owner and gentleman you saw in the video with Jay Leno. Dorian and I worked together building his car to specs and appearances he wanted using the pieces and parts he sourced or had me make. Great guy, knows his 2's. 

When it came time to shoot the car with Jay Leno, I opted to stay home and go to sleep as we pulled nearly an all nighter getting the car show ready and being on camera is definitely NOT my thing. You can all thank me later for sparing you the flop sweat and stutters. :)

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)

20 minutes ago, mac said:

dual webers, 292 camshaft, 3.90 diff, 11 gal fuel cell, 320 overdrive trans, and only a 100 mile driving range?  OUCH!

Mac. 

I wondered as well… that’s a lot of carb for a 292, and - perhaps - running rich. 

13 hours ago, Shad said:

To clarify...I'm Shad the guy who managed the build, fabrication, and assembly of this project for Dorian, the owner and gentleman you saw in the video with Jay Leno. Dorian and I worked together building his car to specs and appearances he wanted using the pieces and parts he sourced or had me make. Great guy, knows his 2's. 

When it came time to shoot the car with Jay Leno, I opted to stay home and go to sleep as we pulled nearly an all nighter getting the car show ready and being on camera is definitely NOT my thing. You can all thank me later for sparing you the flop sweat and stutters. :)

Well-executed build, Shad. -KB