• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New exhaust for my 76

Puck02

75-76 uses the center exit for the rear muffler, I don’t think the Turbo version will work.  I searched two years ago and could not find the center exit for my 75.

• Like 1

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

On 10/12/2021 at 7:31 PM, AustrianVespaGuy said:

Be slightly more specific, which portion(s) of the exhaust to do you want to replace and what kind (stock/street/race) of parts are you after?

Not looking for a full race system just something that will help her breathe a bit better. So I was thinking headers tagged with better stock exhaust.

The Stock exhaust systems  including exhaust manifold flows pretty good as they are.

On  an unmodified engine don’t  expect any noticeable  difference using a header.  There won’t be any except to your wallet.

Edited by tech71
  • Like 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

53 minutes ago, tech71 said:

The Stock exhaust systems  including exhaust manifold flows pretty good as they are.

On  an unmodified engine don’t  expect any noticeable  difference using a header.  There won’t be any except to your wallet.

I really appreciate the honesty and intelligence on this site!

I'm happy I joined this site. 

Light is seriously underrated.

Both the IE shorty header and late model SS exhaust system are out of stock, have been out of stock every time I have checked,  for a very long time.

Evidence  Data regarding  non available components strikes me as  moot ?

Edited by tech71
  • Haha 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris