• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

so, anyone around here buy this Turbo ???

• OriginalOwner changed the title to so, anyone around here buy this Turbo ???
1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

188hp WOW. 

$193K even wower!

Who's starting to get nervous about driving his/her '02 regularly?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

7 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Who's starting to get nervous about driving his/her '02 regularly?

mike

Not me, the salt crews in upstate NY have taken care of that for me for the next month or so!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

By the logic of market followers who use comp's as a means to value the next. If the top dog is a Turbo, it should be next followed by a 72 tii, then a 73 tii, and74 tii's fall anywhere on this spectrum.  Of course Alpina cars and special provenance builds are intrinsic and who the hell knows what they sell for.  But what is the ratio. Only 1600-ish turbos made-how many exist? 3 year run for the tii with thousands made minus attrition %. Stands to reason the turbo tide should carry with it the tii's. Regular plain janes should get a bump, but that's where the beginning of the bad information starts. I wrestle with proper values of regular 2002's. Many which need lot's of work to just be complete. Here in Ca, some folks think a $10K car on it's best day is a $18K car. That being said, initial prices appear %40 more than it's worth. I equate it to a asking high and settling lower due to the haggle factor everyone employs. As the Kink's said it best, it's a mixed up jumbled up world, and so is Lola. 

Also when the stock market is ablaze, cars go up in price as quickly as they fall. 

but what do I know

• Like 1

But what do I know

14 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Wouldn't a Ti follow the Turbo, in your dog $how?

Agreed, I would throw that in somewhere with the Alpina and special interest builds. But perhaps before a 72 tii.  

As the great sales men say: " sell the sizzle not the steak" 

But what do I know

Then there is Mike Pelly’s 74 automatic that just sold on Bat for $38,000.  His last one also went for $39,000.

Edited by HBChris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix