• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this when you all tell me to keep going on refreshing?

tdskip

47 minutes ago, tech71 said:

Dont forget cleaning, prepping and powder coating everything. Your car may spontaneously burst into flames if you dont.

Some help you are!

I wanted to drive her this decade, so much for that now....grin.

45 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Reinforce the drivers side engine mount, if you haven't done so already.

Yes - have that piece and waned better access to do the welding. Excellent reminder, thank you. 

This is the time to do it all....when I had the rear out I didn’t bother powder coating, but just degreased it, hit it with a wire wheel and painted it. Trust me, it feels good to put it back in there looking all fresh. 

• Like 1

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

So cracking like this is bad, right?

I guess it’s a trade off with this car coming from Nevada, the good news is that everything in Baltimore and screws like it was just put on but that dry heat is really rough on rubber fittings .

2BE8F2FC-B4D0-4E10-9333-83754F7910D9.jpeg

8 hours ago, tdskip said:

So cracking like this is bad, right?

I guess it’s a trade off with this car coming from Nevada, the good news is that everything in Baltimore and screws like it was just put on but that dry heat is really rough on rubber fittings .

2BE8F2FC-B4D0-4E10-9333-83754F7910D9.jpeg

Let’s be clear, after nearly 50 years, even in Baltimore, the rubber is dried out and ready for replacement. These cars were built to last 10 years, not 50! Don’t ask, just replace at this point in history. If a rubber component looks good, replace it! Unless, perhaps, you’re eager to re-do this job in 5 years... ??

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)