• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Tii on BAT

rstclark

Shamelessly,I feel to compelled to share the sale of my 72 Ceylon one owner Tii currently running on Bring A Trailer

If nothing else, this should be fun to follow. Thanks to all on this board particularly Steve ( Conserv) for your help and support

Log on to BAT  I welcome you questions and comments as well here

Rob

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002tii-38/

1.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful car, love the window sticker, had no idea my office is on the same block as what used to be the BMW store, now a parking lot!  Hope you get all the money, looks immaculate.  I know you are secretly wishing it does not meet reserve so you have an excuse not to part with it. ?

GLWS. 

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

one owner Tii

Will be watching this one closely. Awesome car. Great color. Is it one owner or two? When I drop my bag of cash on this car am I the 2nd or 3rd owner? And how big does the bag need to be? I'm guessing quite large. Good luck!

• Haha 1

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!

THIS. Wow.

This is is my inspiration car and twin. Almost everything about this car is what I have or would like to do.  My car is currently Polaris, but I WILL bring it back to it’s original Ceylon

Wonderful car, with tasteful upgrades. Will be watching this sale very closely. GLWS!!

Rob - Will PM you with several questions about your resto and upgrades,

if you don’t mind. 

Vince

'72 2002tii 'Liesl'

14 minutes ago, rstclark said:

Tashakes  just googled the beautiful parking lot at 1260 Columbia did you ever see the old dealership building ?

Nope, I moved Downtown only about 4 years ago to the building on B and India. It looks like it’s been a parking lot for decades.  I googled the address and dealership to find old pics but found none.  It will be developed into a hotel and condos some day. 

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

This checks all the boxes of a great Tii. 

If I was in the market, I’d be all over this. Everything is is well done. No doubt it will do well. 

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

1 hour ago, rstclark said:

To gregp553 it is a one owner car  Technically I hold title for registration and insurance purposes but I only consider myself to be a custodian and Stewart

Mallory. Be happy to help

Just trying to understand. Did you register the car and do you have a title with your name on it? 

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!

Greg

Yes I registered the car in my name and title is in my name This was necessary to be able to drive the car this past year to sort everything out and have insurance 

You can view it as a 2 owner car if you like, but since title will be held only for the restoration period in my name I prefer to think of it as a one owner car temporarily owned by the restorer and passing on to the second owner