• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NK Bilsteins

Hans

Please stop showing those pictures! I'm embarrassed looking under mine! If you can get teh Billie numbers, would be appreciated. I'm trying to confirm what fits on the lower stud. Did you sort out the twisted moto thing?

This may sound a bit odd, I don't remember who gave me the tip, I went with Bilstein HD rears for the E3/E9 which required me to swap out the lower mounting studs. For the studs I went with a pair of 14 mm x 72 mm Porsche wheels studs (Yes it has a tiny bit of vintage 911 in the NK). I ground down a bit the ribbing where the studs pressed in, worked like a charm and I didn't have to modify anything else. I've paired Bilstein HD inserts for the E3/E9 in the front too.

• Like 1

This is an interesting thread. It seems that there are different ways to skin a cat. According to the Bimmerworld website, they list the Bilstein B6 (HD) front strut as having part number: 34-632192. The HD rear shocks are listed as 24-632140.

I have been planning on installing this setup on my '69 2000. It should be pretty straightforward, no?

Brian