• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A last farewell to my 1600-2

02Anders

Hello all,

Just thought I would share my last farewell letter to my '66 BMW 1600-2 with you.
She crossed the Atlantic and now lives in the US, so you guys might see her out and about.  If you do, please give her a friendly little tap on the bonnet, and let her know that I still think of her...

http://www.viaretro.co.uk/2017/11/goodbye-seems-to-be-the-hardest-word/

• Like 5

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

11 minutes ago, MikeinNC said:

Anders    I know how you feel   I sold my little 1600 last  month   I am lucky though, it lives only 3 miles from me     Hope all is well

What!!!  But you just finished it and I haven't seen it in person.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

So, Mike, whatcha gonna bring to Mid America next year?  

And Anders, hope your car came to the East or Midwest so I see your 1600 at one of our events--too many 02's on the West coast already ;-)

cheers

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Anders, beautiful 1600-2! Are you willing to let us know where in the U.S. the car is?

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Thx guys!  - all of you.

Mike - love the pic from Bavaria Tour.  My sweet little AMY and two of my very best mates assembled in one pic - well done!  :)

The Derby grey '66 BMW 1600-2 now lives close to Boston.  She's with a good owner - that much I know.  I hope he'll bring her out every so often, so all of you 02-enthusiasts on the east coast get to enjoy her.  She is in my humble opinion - and yes, I do realise that I might be every so slightly biased...  ;) - by a fair margin the best, most authentic, unmolested and original early 1600-2 you will find anywhere!

• Like 1

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

1 hour ago, 02Anders said:

Thx guys!  - all of you.

Mike - love the pic from Bavaria Tour.  My sweet little AMY and two of my very best mates assembled in one pic - well done!  :)

The Derby grey '66 BMW 1600-2 now lives close to Boston.  She's with a good owner - that much I know.  I hope he'll bring her out every so often, so all of you 02-enthusiasts on the east coast get to enjoy her.  She is in my humble opinion - and yes, I do realise that I might be every so slightly biased...  ;) - by a fair margin the best, most authentic, unmolested and original early 1600-2 you will find anywhere!

Excellent, in my neck of the woods! So I have a good chance of seeing AMY in person when driving season returns. We have a vibrant '02 community with the Nor'East '02ers and the BMW Classic Car Club of America. http://www.bmwccca.com

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

5 hours ago, adawil2002 said:

Excellent, in my neck of the woods! So I have a good chance of seeing AMY in person when driving season returns. We have a vibrant '02 community with the Nor'East '02ers and the BMW Classic Car Club of America.

Andrew, make sure the new owner brings Amy to at least Vintage--and even better, to Mid America.  Then we can compare an original Euro 1600 with an original early US version.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, mike said:

Andrew, make sure the new owner brings Amy to at least Vintage--and even better, to Mid America.  Then we can compare an original Euro 1600 with an original early US version.

mike

I'll do my best!

Andrew Wilson

17 hours ago, mike said:

mike

Mike, I still email back and forth with the new owner a fair bit, so I'll try to influence him towards both Vintage and Mid America the best I can...  ;)

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.