• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another NLA Part to Print: The Final Word (maybe)

PaulTWinterton

Seat rail rear cap.  How many were on the car when new?  Four? Two?  I only have one so I made 3d models of a left and right version.  I'm curious what the printing costs wil be.  There's an orbit animation below as well.

SeatRail_Cap1.jpg.941d9ab168ee784965475373813f1ebd.jpgBumpStop1_.jpg.2c21a5d39bca1961543246dfc027a736.jpg

Seat Rail Cap.mov

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Great work. I've only got one set, need three sets. Have only seen them installed on the rear of the seat rails. To protect the munchkin's toes. 

• Thanks 1

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

I think my car just has two - they are on the rail next to the door.  But it could have had them on the inside, too.  I always wondered about that.  Someone must know how it was.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Protection Cap Part #s 52 10 7 402 073 & 074. 2 of each required (thus 2 per seat).

I have a pair off my Touring. Never took a pic of them fitted and couldn't for the life of me see how they went back on. I'll fix it later!

• Haha 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

5 hours ago, JohnP_02 said:

Paul, don't leave out us late seat rail guys. I have maybe 2-3 of these left and would love to have some new replacement ones. 

WHAT!  There's another version?  I need a physical sample.  I will hunt around my local friends to see what I can find.  Again, are there 4 per car or 2 per car?

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Ha! Yes, Paul, I know it’s easy to forget about us squaretail guys, but yes we do have different rails and little plastic end caps. Like with your version Realoem shows 2 part numbers so I guess two types. This would make sense if they interchange with the front and back of course.

I would be happy to send you mine, although they may not be the best model as they are a bit broken up. Maybe someone else has two nice ones you could use to scan? John

1976 2002 Fjordblau (currently Verona, 3rd owner)

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

Too many steering wheels

34 minutes ago, JohnP_02 said:

I know it’s easy to forget about us squaretail guys

:o I seriously thought that the frame rails were all the same for all years of 02s.

17 minutes ago, nbcbird said:

My '71 seat rail caps are like the ones pictured in both your and JohnP's pics.

Now we're talkin!  I just need to get an inner sample, make a model and get some costing.  I try to locate locally before I ask anyone here to send a sample.  

Thanks guys for helping me sort this out.

• Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958