• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Seems my fetish for wheels extends to holiday buggies… aka Hamilton Island Australia

im trying to pick between OEM and aftermarket??

so many buggies as this is all that’s allowed for transport, love the chunky look, bit like 13’s on an 02?5284F54C-BDA5-4C59-8B9F-E5E8A81246E9.thumb.jpeg.d158190b6b053c5ea42b2f8070a66e7b.jpeg

064078D3-BCC7-4C6B-B309-E292CD50395C.jpeg

• Haha 3

The Pup is my copilot...

Okay, you guys asked for it.  This morning my daughter came over to "Grandma's" house so I was able to get away.  As luck would have it, when I stepped outside I noticed this strange stuff falling from the sky.  I hadn't seen it in months... Rain?  I would call it more of a heavy drizzle, but we'll take all we can get these days in California.  So, a trip to Big Sur wasn't really in the cards today.  So, I opted to load up my trusty copilot "La Guera (Blondie)" (who I refer to as just "The Pup") and headed down between Moss Landing and Castroville to get some Artichokes.  I grow my own Chokes at home, but I cut the last of mine about a month ago, so had to go buy some.  I travelled on some of my favorite backroads which I jokingly call the "Artichoke Autobahn".  As we headed past Moss Landing I could tell The Pup was getting sort of Antsy and I knew what that meant so I stopped briefly at Salinas River Beach so The Pup could do her business.  She did.  She promptly walked over to some tourists and took a dump right next to them.  Luckily I had a baggie or else it would have been more embarrassing than it already was.  On the way home I dropped by Pajaro Dunes to take a pic for 0257.  Mission accomplished.

Edit:  Added a portrait of "The Pup" that I commissioned (i.e. Paid/Bribed) my Daughter to make.  She's good

Drive1.jpg

Drive2.jpg

Drive3.jpg

Drive4.jpg

Drive5.jpg

Drive6.jpg

Drive7.jpg

Drive8.jpg

Drive9.jpg

MeAndGuera.jpg

ThePupBlack.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 16

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Today I took the driver’s side rear panel and tail panel down to bare metal…mostly.  The car was originally Polaris, but at some point the original owner painted it white with what seems like house paint.  Really gums up my stripping discs and sandpaper.  Fun times. 

jason

ACDB8291-0201-4F87-A379-8D84697621D8.jpeg

• Like 8

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Got more done this weekend.

- Installed cleaned drive shaft with new flex discs and center bearing. Balance shaft. Had to remove transmission mount and cross member to get access to flange bolts.

- Installed cleaned rear springs with new pads.

- Installed new drum pads and wheel cylinders.

- Installed refurbished half shafts (all 116 needle bearings accounted for) with new boots. Added 190mL colored fluid to each shaft - easier to see any leaks. Fluid is same specs as required.

- Hung cleaned exhaust with new hardware and hangers.

- Installed cleaned sway bar with new hardware and bushings.

Essentially, the back is completed and needs only wheels to be attached, but have to wait for front hard brake lines to be channeled to refurbished E21 master cylinder. This is proving to be challenging. Once that's done, the system can be bled and wheels attached.

More work to be done. Still trudging along.

Gurmail

Drive Shaft.jpeg

Half Shaft.jpeg

Rear End.jpeg

• Like 13

1968 BMW 1600

Almost have the ride height and settings looking/feeling right. Got the 15x7 OZ wheels on headed around the neighborhood to listen for “more adjustment needed” noise, none so far. We’ll see when I get up to Hwy49 what noise(s) become ?

Turned some attention to the center console and mounted the VDO gauges and Becker Europa II in the Kooglewerks panel. 
?

C4027C63-5810-4D3D-B9BB-499311AFC1D3.jpeg

0426290F-503F-42EF-974A-359269D1509E.jpeg

Edited by RichenFamous
  • Like 12

9 hours ago, Gurmail said:

Drive Shaft.jpeg

Gurmail.  Nice work.  That looks super clean.  Given all of the effort you've obviously put into this project.  One little thing that's super easy and worthwhile is to replace that stock transmission mount with the heavier duty E21 style mount.  All you do is enlarge the hole where it bolts to the crossmember.  The E21 mounts don't turn to mush as quickly as the stock mounts.

• Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

11 hours ago, JohnS said:

All you do is enlarge the hole where it bolts to the crossmember.  The E21 mounts don't turn to mush as quickly as the stock mounts.

John, I have the E21 trans mount and for that obvious reason, didn't install it. However, I didn't think of expanding the cross member opening to suit the larger stud. Since the car's still on stilts, I'll remove the support and drill out the necessary opening size. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Gurmail

• Like 1

1968 BMW 1600