• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Test fitting the Bumpers.  Need to set the anchor points and remount.  Note the tape and rubber booties.  On the 3rd picture, that is a reflection under the quarter window and not a scratch.

Test Fit 3-4-22.jpg

Test Fit Frt 3-4-22.jpg

Test Fit Qtr 3-4-22.jpg

Test Fit Rear 3-4-22.jpg

• Like 6

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

On 3/4/2022 at 5:23 AM, its55 said:

Update - well, the wiper switch is "working" but only if I press on the rocker switch more firmly and hold it in place, i.e., it won't make the contact on its own.  I suspect that the little contacts in there are dirty / corroded and its very difficult to access.  I've tried contact cleaner but so far that's not helping.  I'll play with some other ideas.

WIPERS FIXED!!  Kept working at it, trying different solutions.  In the end result I used a slightly bent paper clip end to get behind the rocker to the contact and did some scraping in there.  After that, pushed the rocker in an the contact was working!  However - when I reassemble the switch and through a series of tries, I realized that the white tab (which is part of the end cap / spring / tab assembly, see pic) was simply not pushing the rocker in far enough. I assume this is due to wear over the years. I tried different things to cause it to be closer when pushed (such as the wire you see in the pic) but ultimately decided to simply sand the cap down a bit so everything fit tighter.  After several attempts as I did not want to over-do it, it finally works and the wipers are now operative.  Whew!  At this time, all electrical stuff is working on the car.

IMG_5298.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, chargin said:

A used one could be ok but it’s basically a 50 yr old spring that could snap at any time even if the rivet is ok, this was one of the jobs I really disliked, taking everything apart and then adjusting the window height and dwell angle PITA 

but that’s just me 

A4925E44-F9EE-4323-B679-09B159574FE2.thumb.jpeg.c05992ae3ca49c3f70434693d0c17650.jpeg

Your point is well taken.  I'll probably end up going new.  2002AD never responded so I'm not sure what's up there.

• Like 1

Last beautiful day (80+) before a cold front and a couple more days of our winter, so I took the Baur out for a long drive on Cow Creek…

FA835DF5-1090-40FE-8500-5AA90424956E.jpeg

AAB1BAFD-63A4-4AE9-B5E5-459B5557534A.jpeg

C8722970-1D57-489F-B165-E8932695CBBC.jpeg

49F467FA-AB9B-4B62-A61B-F5BE95E245F5.jpeg

05DC3F2E-1B17-4B94-80E3-75A08F1E6F61.jpeg

73BD1697-B925-4995-A55D-7F309D12828C.jpeg

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 11

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

Finished installing bumpers.  Still need to install the Euro license plate lights in the bumper.  Pulled Speedo to go to Bill's Speedometer shop.  He will transplant an all-black Modell 71 Speedo dial on to my 76 which has a 3.94 final ratio that works with my 5 sp and LSD.  That speedo will get an overhaul.  Trunk was re-assembled after the bumpers.

• Like 3

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

Got the interior (under dash) back together.  Removed the driver side grille to access / remove the battery tray.  Now I could much better access the area under it and between it and the firewall along the top of the subframe.  Needs a good cleaning in there, which I started.  Checked the small filter that's in the weber.  Good thing I did, whoever installed it did it incorrectly as it was crushed / twisted.  Ordered a new one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, johnny02 said:

@BarneyT are those the new Pirelli CN36 (or close to that) tires?  Thoughts?  

Vredestein Sprint Classics on the Baur.

Edited by John_in_VA
  • Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

5 hours ago, johnny02 said:

@BarneyT are those the new Pirelli CN36 (or close to that) tires?  Thoughts?  

I have those CN36’s on the Turkish automatic, I found them to be too round in the sidewall to tread edge and they seemed roll and too wear very quickly…really like the Vredestein sprint classics I just purchased two sets one for project Ceylon Tii and replacement of Pirelli’s on Turkish…

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…