• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering Forum

02tradition

Color  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Pedal Color

• Polished Aluminum
    • Anodized Black

Hello all fellow FAQ'ers,

I would like to start a thread for IE to be able to preview some of our new products and ideas and also to be able to get feedback from you all. We are in the process of developing a lot of really cool products and would like to hear from the community. The first item we would like to preview for you all is this accelerator pedal for the 2002. Made from billet T6061 Aluminum. It will mount through the floor via three through bolts and a backing plate on the underside so no more nubs!!! The only question left is one we have for you all: Polished aluminum or anodized black? There will be a promotional sale on this item for the first two weeks it goes live for a price of $85.00 USD. After that the price will jump to $105.00 USD. It will be available for purchase on our website (iemotorsport.com) about the start of the new year. Photo credit to FAQ'er Harambe.

Gas Pedal (Final).jpg

Edited by 02tradition
  • Like 2

Looks beautiful...but slippery in either color! Always liked the ones with some kind of non-slip, rubber inserts or a texturized surface to the metal. I wonder if there would be a way that you could incorporate such a feature.

Either way, I doubt I'll be able to resist...black...or silver.

Thank you I.E. for always coming up with cool products and support for the 2002.

COOP

Edited by COOP

Only trouble with the black color is that the finish will wear off pretty quickly so that the only black that will remain will be in the grooves.  I would think a matte natural aluminum finish would look best the longest, and a slightly sandblasted surface would keep it from being slippery...

Also suggest supplying the pedal assembly with stainless steel bolts and pedal hinge pin--wet feet will take a toll on regular steel...

My practical side speaking, 'cause I think black would look very nice.

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Yes, Anodizing is etched into the metal so you would have to take off a considerable layer for the black to fade away, hopefully we won't be driving our 02's with too much dirt or sand on the bottom of our shoes. As for the slippery, we noticed that but we really couldn't come up with a solution for it. Maybe some skateboard grip tape? Or maybe something in conjunction with Pedalhaus?

• Like 2

Looks good, but how will the interface with linkage/lever/work? Are we getting a bearing or some other improvement than existing?....please show other side....best to fab some of both colors

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

1 minute ago, barney t said:

Looks good, but how will the interface with linkage/lever/work? Are we getting a bearing or some other improvement than existing?....please show other side....best to fab some of both colors

That's correct there will be a ball bearing included that will fit on the existing lever in the pedal box. It will be inside a sort of track on the reverse side of the pedal (kind of like the stock one) which is what the two holes in the photo are for.

• Like 2