• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jrkoupe

On 10/5/2019 at 9:28 AM, Geoff Raynak said:

@Conserv

do you happen to have a way to measure the diameter of the recaro rod that the knobs fit onto?

i can measure the end of the early 02 rail ... and then i can get a sense if they are 'close enough'

here is a (blurry) pict of my knobless rod (which seems an appropriate term for the thread title)

thanks!

g

image.thumb.png.ba0d8db38810152753992784ec4a92ec.png

OK, Geoff!

Reporting back with my findings. The Recaro seat adjusters have 5/16”-diameter, smooth-shaft levers, as below.

Regards,

Steve

60B45903-3319-4849-9734-5E4B535E2F1E.jpeg

D19A98C6-926B-42AB-968A-D92B6E467256.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Excellent ... and thank you!

this is 8mm to the rest of the world ...

the ebay seller of the reproduction knobs says his parts have a 9mm bore to 15mm deep

i'll be getting a set to try

they are also going to send me a set without holes ... so i can make my own slip fit

thanks again for the lead.

should be awesome!

cheers

geoff

• Like 1

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

On 10/11/2019 at 5:50 PM, Geoff Raynak said:

Excellent ... and thank you!

this is 8mm to the rest of the world ...

the ebay seller of the reproduction knobs says his parts have a 9mm bore to 15mm deep

i'll be getting a set to try

they are also going to send me a set without holes ... so i can make my own slip fit

thanks again for the lead.

should be awesome!

cheers

geoff

There belongs a small toothed metal thing between rod and button.

@uai: you are correct ... there should be a small 'star' collet ... on the end of the lever arm

but i only had one ... not two ... so wanted to make sure i didn't have to chase TWO sets of parts!!!

in fact ... these collets do not show up on the parts list ... likely because it is expected to be integral to the knob.

THAT SAID ...

I was able to get a set of the recaro knob reproductions from ebay ... here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-912-Recaro-Seat-Knobs-Replica-PAIR-Black/141210843468

thank you @Conserv for the ebay tip and the dims...

i had a chat with the seller (who is also the producer) ... he was able to send me two UNDRILLED knobs ...

so i just drilled them out to be a tight slip-fit to the non-collet lever ...

and everything is as perfect as it can be.

thanks everyone!!

(gratuitous out-of-focus picture included)

image.thumb.png.4bd5be7a98a5f9e2c37541fa6c018415.png

• Haha 1

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

On 8/23/2016 at 12:23 PM, jrkoupe said:

for all you period seat freaks

this is about one of the most desired period recaros around..........

for an 02 guy, the turbo seat or the unicorn sport seat may be more desired......but as an aftemarket seat, this baby is da bomb...I walked away from many at 550 each.........geeeez.

here is a set redone...5600 euros....jus sayin

oops......I am not selling them..they  are not mine....

want them?......... message me.......I think the forum may be off limits to see the ad.....not sure.

recaro 1_zps6g65vido.jpg

Forgive my ignorance as I just recently entered the world of 2002's but what seats are these? They are gorgeous.

-Jeffinslaw

• 6 months later...

New ProCar Rally seats with custom plaid inserts. Rear bench to match post Covid. 

IMG_20200409_165624.jpg

IMG_20200414_122609.jpg

IMG_20200414_122803_1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

1 hour ago, Teelinger said:

New ProCar Rally seats

Hi James.  How do they fit onto the existing seat mounts?  I really like them.  Might be a good investment for long distance road trips.  

"Monterey or Bust 2021"  Are you in?

73 Inka Tii #2762958