• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1972 Baikal tii at The Quail

COOP

No, I sold it...$7,500. I think I did well, no?

;-)

COOP

PS: Seriously though, I was truly pleased and a bit surprised by how much attention and praise the tii received (and yes, some Titans of industry did give me their cards "in case"), given the number of priceless automotive icons on site (including the 1965 LeMans winning Ferrari 250 LM, reputed to be worth over $50M!). It felt gratifying not only for me but on behalf of all of you and your 2002s here to feel the love and appreciation.

Bravo COOP!   A BMW 2002 TII at the quail  !!!! 

You have done US very very very proud.     Nice company that you and your car keep. Your attention to detail and excellence has been rewarded by the universe, and we get to live in the beautiful shine over of your halo effect. Thank you for posting pictures, even more pictures would be great.

Your car defies superlatives.

Sincerely, Peter. 

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

1 hour ago, jgerock said:

Seersucker suit?

How many miles on your tii since the restoration?

Congrats!

Yes, Haspel Seersucker! Venerable old American brand...

The car has been driven about 1,200 miles since I got it back from JP almost exactly a year ago.

It has been driven about 7K miles since the major restoration in 1998 by Vantage Motors of Stamford, CT.

Thank you for the kind congrats everyone!

COOP

36 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

Just a little thing, what is that white spot, Uhmmm, nearest thy privates? Not that I was looking there. :-) 

Hello  WTF.... Serious pix epic fail. Prob cell blue light...awesome car none the less.

dlm..

ny country

Edited by dlmrun2002

On August 20, 2016 at 5:16 PM, PaulTWinterton said:

I believe Byron (Preyupy) was invited to show his Turbo as well.  Is that his behind your car?  I'm drooling over both.....

I believe that Byron's turbo was at The Concours D'Elegance today. There was a different and equally gorgeous one at The Quail on Friday (I photographed both). Here's some shots of the beautiful car at Pebble today...

COOP

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

COOP:

You've got serious attachment issues with your Baikal.  Justifiably.  BUT....

IF and WHEN you decide someone else would continue the "love affair"........

you'll probably never have another opportunity to "pass it on" to such  a well capitalized group of auto enthu$iast$.

Baikal will forever be known as "COOPS CAR".

.....and there is no commandment requiring you to make public the sale nor the number of "pieces of silver"  that were exchanged.  A private sale is private. 

Just sayin.......

mac