• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MidAmerica 02 Fest - 04/27/2017 05:00 PM to 04/27/2017 09:00 PM

BoBlack

26 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Is that jalopy of yours still running?

Hahahaha.... riiiiiight.

What I want to know is, will there be elk backstrap in a cooler in the trunk of that jalopy?

Speaking of jalopy.... are you driving "the project" up this year, Ray?

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

6 hours ago, Harv said:

I've got to go to this event someday. Alas this is not the year. 

Next year i hope. 

John

Hurry up!

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Alright left coast /La la Land dwellers.

Will try to put  together "caravan" pig and pony show  .

Leaving on 04-25-2017 (o dark thirty)1 stop and be there Thursday evening for the beginning of festivities to  MidAmerica 02 Fest.,leave 04-3-2017 home 05--01-2017

Will the zooz car  make it?

You don't know till you go.

interesting call 818203069 leave voice message

Jack Fahuna :)

• 4 weeks later...

Room reserved, see y'all there.

Rumor has it that, following a minor road rage scuffle in Mobile, Ray will be raffling off his "slightly aerated" M2 this year :D

58a63100b9d6e_Raysgunshot.jpg.56ea62a77d420018b04870aaacac0708.jpg

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

You should see the other car!

btw those were still on the car when Donald and me got stopped for insurance/registration checks by MS police.

They didn't comment.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Looking forward to seeing you again Jack    Lots of interesting stories and information!!!   Safe journey from SoCal

Ray will have his muscle with him again this year

More Andrew spotting this year I hope

Keith will be working on Tiis and other cars for sure

Chris and Mike will be discussing the minutiae of 02s

Dave will be there with the car that has been in his family a long long time 

Meg and Sabine will be there too

Bo and Chris will be trying to figure out how to get more door prizes for everyone

As will many many other 02 fanatics    Make your reservations   The place is filling up

PS  I'll be there with my Moon Pies :)   Randy always buys me a box

IMG_6956.JPG

IMG_6991.JPG

IMG_6992.JPG

IMG_6988.JPG

IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6958.JPG

IMG_6978.JPG

IMG_6974.JPG

IMG_6971.JPG

IMG_6976.JPG

Keiths Mid America 02 Fest.jpg

IMG_6940.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody    Keith has registration up and working so time to start signing in  (remember its free   Registration helps with the head count planning and food preparation.)    Also, make your reservations at the hotel as it will fill up fast    Gonna be huge this year     Be there or be a square tail light guy    Whoops   I am one of those guys :)

IMG_0070.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered! Excited to make the drive from Minneapolis MN to my first MidAmerica 02 Fest, and first 2002 focused gathering since moving away from the SF Bay Area in 2010 :0 

Will be driving down Wednesday evening and Thursday.

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

Mid America caravan from the Midwest:  depart Dayton OH on Wed morning 26 April, south through Cincinnati, then south on I-75/71 to Louisville.  Meet up with folks coming from IN there.   South on I-65 to Bowling Green KY, then west on the Western KY Parkway then to the Purchase Pky via a short stretch of I-24.  All very scenic with little traffic.  In Tennessee we travel on US 61 to I-155, then cross the Mississippi River to US 412, passing through a little tail of MO.  Stay on 412 to our overnight stop in Paragould AR (great BBQ joint there).  Thursday morning we continue on US 412/62/63 to  Alpena, AR, where US 62 branches off from 412 and takes us to Eureka Springs--projected arrival time 3-4 pm presuming all '02s are running just fine.

If you're interested in joining up at the beginning or somewhere en route, PM me with your e-mail address.  I'll add you to the caravan mailing list, and pass on info on our overnight stop motel.  We had six cars last year and had a great drive.  

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

There will be lots of reports from folks who attended all the 100/50 Year Anniversary events around the world last year.    Tons of door prizes    Dozens of cool 02s     So much 02 Knowledge in one place that any question you could possible have on 2002s can be answered (and correctly too I might add)    Heck, you can even get Keith to adjust  your Tii fuel system if you wanted,     Or have Jack tell you how to drive an 02    Or have Terry, well Terry can talk about any subject you want because he has done it all.     And Ben, well Ben sets us all straight!!!

Bringing this if I can get it all together in time :)

IMG_7929.JPG

IMG_9594.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG