• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought Vern 6 years ago

Six years ago I saw this Verona 2002Tii on ebay, located in Telluride Colorado. After doing my due diligence during the auction,there were no deal breakers and all the good boxes got checked off, so I submitted the winning bid. After a month of not being able to get the car shipped. My wife and I flew out to Telluride, June 9th and drove Vern back to Brunswick Maine, logging 3,100 trouble free miles. As they say the rest is history. We have since logged well over 40K miles with no problems. Vern is overly maintained and drives as a new 2002Tii should.

Ebay picture by Steve Palamar, second pic is his current livery with the driving lights and recently added air dam.

1973 2002tii.JPG

IMG_1778.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

48 minutes ago, rdeeble said:

looks great Andrew!

+1

And...40K in 6 years means it gets lots of exercise!

Congrats,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

yep... Andrew is NOT scared to drive Vern from one end of the country to the other. Always a welcome site to see him at MidAmerica.

Such a great car :)

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Andrew and Cyndi Wilson:. Gear heads not afraid to drive their wonderful collection of vehicles. Looking forward to more discussions next week in North Carolina.

Has it really been 6 years? Goes by so fast.?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Today to celebrate and get ready for The Vintage, Vern received an oil change and bath. Close to 4K miles to Mid America at Eureka Springs and back.

Looks like Vern and I will be solo this year, no Cindy or friend from CA.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I can vouch for Vern's trouble-free miles--we've caravanned to Mid-America two years in a row with only one hiccup--a failing water pump but that won Vern the coveted (not!) hard luck award at Mid-Am '15.  

See you and Vern at Vintage; sorry Cindy can't make it; Carol was looking forward to a non-car person to talk (commiserate) with..

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Great looking car! I was hoping to make it to Mid-America this year but alas, fate was not kind at the last minute. Next year!

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002