• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro tiis - who has one?

saaron

I've got one.   I'm living and car is in Switzerland.  Car delivered to Vienna, Austria in 73.     PO was Walter Wilczynski (his personal car) he's the fellow with all those 02's (roughly about 50+ and a warehouse of NLA 02 parts) in Vienna, he also restored my '76 02.   Car was originally Malaga, Walter painted it Condor Gelb BMW paint code 003 during ground up restoration he did in 2003.

Thanks for sharing!  Beautiful car.  Definitely looks like a cousin of my car's.  I like the upholstery a lot.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Thanks for sharing!  Beautiful car.  Definitely looks like a cousin of my car's.  I like the upholstery a lot.  

Scott

Thank you

They are Pepita style fabric front (Recaro Sportsitze on tilting base) and rear.

Done by Lars Alpina (of this board) in Frankfurt, outstanding finish!  

I'm building my 74 tii as a Euro spec clone, I've already done the bumper conversion, Euro turn signals and the side marker light delete. It even has a one piece Euro spec dash (no fasten seatbelt billboard). The motor was even rebuilt to Euro spec, 9.5:1 pistons.  The only thing to finish the look is the rear bumper (no bumper guards) and put the license plate lights in the bumper. My first 02 was a Sahara 75 Euro spec 1802 and I wanted my tii to look like my first 02.  Finding a 220 khp crosshair speedo would be a bonus.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I've got one.

I'm living and car is in Switzerland.  Car delivered to Vienna, Austria in 73.  

PO was Walter Wilczynski (his personal car) he's the fellow with all those 02's (roughly about 50+ and a warehouse of NLA 02 parts) in Vienna, he also restored my '76 02.

Car was originally Malaga, Walter painted it Condor Gelb BMW paint code 003 during ground up restoration he did in 2003.

Car looks great in the Condor color. I've not seen a rear plate holder like that before.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Finding a 220 khp crosshair speedo would be a bonus.

Since mine was long gone, I sucked it up and bought one from Cashel a few years ago.  I'm sure they are twice as much money now.  German 02 club they pop up, too.  

Scott 

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Car looks great in the Condor color. I've not seen a rear plate holder like that before.

Those plate holders are specific to Switzerland:

System works like this:

1 set of plates low insurance on second car

Insure 2 cars, the second lower value car gets a nominal annual rate from insurer

You are issued 1 set of plates, although both are registered (again 2nd car at a nominal rate)

You then switch over plates whenever you wish to drive either. (just don't forget to switch them over...)

The plate holder has springs and allows for easy plate transfer...

The Golf car from WA state sits in my garage here in Menifee CA. I trucked it home summer of 2014. Been waiting for some clutch work since then. Other projects kept getting in the way. Now its finally time to get it going before the garage turns into an oven (although it is an uncommon 85f here today). 

Ryan

72 Golf tii 2708759 (earliest 72 on the tii registry)

Menifee, CA (Riverside County)

Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

I see that Coupe King is selling this Euro spec 74 tii

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5438336546.html 

Interesting that it has a US spec dash (fasten seat belt billboard) but that could have been part of the US DOT compliance when imported. Obviously the side marker lights were deleted during the repaint. Bill Holmes did the FI pump and Bill is one of the top tii guru's around.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! 2002tiiL? What's the story on the "L"?

Very rarely seen "Lux" or "luxury" package that included things like fold down armrest in rear seatback, wood trim on door panels and pockets on door panels.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Very rarely seen "Lux" or "luxury" package that included things like fold down armrest in rear seatback, wood trim on door panels and pockets on door panels.  

Velour seat upholstery, too.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

• 1 month later...