• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Looking Race Car on Ebay (salivating)

I don't know if there's a firm definition for a "track car." If you are looking to do track days (not racing, HPDE or TT, or the like) with an organization like NASA, HOD, or similar, you will typically need some level of tech inspection to confirm the car is safe. A cage/rollbar is not required, nor are anything beyond standard 3-point belts, etc... If you get into a real racing spec, these things will be outlined by whoever the sanctioning body is. This car is definitely set-up currently more as a street rod/track car. Note that it still has carpets, door panels, shiny chrome bumpers, etc... Most of these things would likely disappear on a true race car, again depending on the spec you are racing under. Nothing wrong with either approach, they are just different levels of prep. 

I see several red flags, like "288mm M3 clutch" parts? Careless spelling errors. I get the feeling that the car is being sold by a third party dealer, not familiar with 2002s, or at least someone for whom English is a second language (I hope!) 

And yeah...full cage? Not eligible for any class in which it would actually be competitive, probably. 

We have a dealership near me named "_____________ Motorsport"..... they sell used PT cruisers and volvo wagons.

Race / Motorsport is a term just mayyyybe a little overused, these days?

With that said.... there's some great (and expensive!) damn parts on that car!

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

• Administrators
What!  Blasphemy, say it ain't so, Steve!

Unfortunately, it is true. After building it to where it is and only racing 3 times int he last 3 years, i think it is time to let her go to a good home. 

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Race cars have cages.

t

Race cars are built to the rules of the class :)

yes on both counts.  not race car.  street car with common performance mods, yes.

any car can be driven on track. it does appear nice though.

2xM3