• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 On Ebay: What's It Worth?

vairter

Looks like a good, straight body with good paint in the pics.....

Definitely too much on the black overspray.  Wonder how hard it would be to remove ???

To me, at that price, I would pass, but I've never been overly fond of '74's either (if that's what it is)

Without seeing in person, looks like some good work and some questionable.  Too bad, but I'd probably pay $ 5k

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

doing what we do best....nitpick and degrade any car that's not our own

i love this  place

For myself, I am extra critical when I see signs that the seller is flipping the vehicle for a quick profit AND he has found people willing to shell out big $ despite the obvious warning signs...a weird mixture of judging and jealousy! 

1974 Verona 2002 tii

1974 Polaris 2002 tii (deceased)

Yeah, although this one is treading a fine line- there are things that make us all nitpick it for what we CAN'T see,

but there are no obvious, major problems.  There are just gaps where the usual problems pop their heads up.

It's a gamble.  An expensive gamble, it's starting to look like, but it really MIGHT be that nice.

Or it could very well be a 5k car with lipstick.  Or even a $1500 car with $5k of face paint...

The buyer will get to find out!  It would be fun if we did, too...

entertained,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

It says it's up to over $22k; ends tomorrow.  That is surprising to me.  

In unrelated news, I'm quitting my job to start FMW (flipping motor werks).  :)

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Well, if you list your '02 on your personal financial statement,

looks like your net worth just went up !!!

$ 22,000.00  Really !!

Does anybody keep a log of prices,

would be very helpful is you have an insurance claim.

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

Beat my estimate so far.  I sure would like SOME warranty if I was paying that price to a commercial seller. 

How about that "check brake fluid" light lit up on the dash.  Would they AT LEAST fix that problem?  I would hope so.

Still seems like a great car.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Wow. Beat my expectations too. It has a good body, lots of new trim parts, and attention paid to little detail things in the engine bay. That said, I would expect greater attention to the other details for that price.

Kudos on their presentation - pics video etc. Other sellers could learn a few things.

1974 Verona 2002 tii

1974 Polaris 2002 tii (deceased)

How about that "check brake fluid" light lit up on the dash.

while it is true that the light comes on with the e-brake in my 76, the light was on when I bought my car and the PO said he could not figure out how to get it to turn off.  I added fluid and it went out.  My kind of fix; although I had to add fluid twice per week, until I fixed the leaking clutch master and slave cylinders.  If you look at the reservoir in this car for sale, it looks like the fluid is low enough to trigger the light (based on a lot of experience topping mine off).  I wondered about the light too until I saw the e-brake handle was pulled up.  Now that I have looked closer at the reservoir, I see that it is low.

$_57.JPG

Then if you look at the photo from the opposite side of the car, you see that the fluid has been topped off.  The photos were not taken at the same time.  The battery is red in the first (low) photo and black in the second.

The plug wires have magically changed from black to red as well.  

$_57.JPG

As a kid I used to like the "can you spot the difference between the two photos" that came on the funny pages of the newspaper.  I guess I have yet to grow up.