• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"i Kissed Your Car": A Father's Day Surprise!

tomscat1
Go to solution Solved by resra,

1. This happened to one of my cars, in this case an E30 convertible, but any owner of a Vintage BMW can appreciate it! Happy Father's Day to All!

My son, Brian, had the 1989 325ic (convertible), went to a restaurant, and emerged to find this on the windshield:

IMG_5850-797079.jpg

The full story:  

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

It was a woman(see how BMW-Lover is written), writing on a notebook that had been folded several times(see how the letters are straight and good in center, and worse around the edges, and where it would have folded?) , and the writer was most likely not too interested in order and details. It was written quickly, as you can see a great diffrence and no pattern in the writing, but "BMW-Lover" is written with a steady hand, and a nice handwriting. So we have a woman, who carries a notebook and a pen, probably in the bottom of her purse.

I took a class, psychology in handwriting once :unsure:

It was a woman(see how BMW-Lover is written), writing on a notebook that had been folded several times(see how the letters are straight and good in center, and worse around the edges, and where it would have folded?) , and the writer was most likely not too interested in order and details. It was written quickly, as you can see a great diffrence and no pattern in the writing, but "BMW-Lover" is written with a steady hand, and a nice handwriting. So we have a woman, who carries a notebook and a pen, probably in the bottom of her purse.

I took a class, psychology in handwriting once :unsure:

DAMN bro, that's some deep shit! I'd laugh my azz off if was some dude in tights though!!!

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

Want more?

So who has a notepad on their person? Few these days. A waitress or journalist would seem natural, but the paper is torn from a book-style pad, and forcefully so. Probably someone who rarely pulls out notes from their notepad, and most of the people using them often have the kind with the rings on top. So a rarely used, but still kept on person notepad. Most likely for personal notes etc.

Adding to that, it´s a E30 convertible from the late 80s. Who would have such strong attachment to that kind of car? Probably someone with fond memories of one. We can add up some clues, and assume that the person is either 45-55 years old. Someone who remembers it from when it was new. Matches the kind of person who might carry a notepad. Likely higher education(people, and especially women with higher education have worse handwriting because they write so fast). The other likely person is the same as #1, but younger. 30-35. Remembers it because a friend/boyfriend had it. Probably in a relationship. What person walks by a restaurant by her self, stops, and jots down a note? Nobody would write a quick note, when walking with someone. She was probably bringing takeout, and since it the weather was nice(convertible) she was most likely in a hurry to get home to the ones waiting. So either #1 or #2.

You are looking for a female, 30-35 or 45-55 years old, in a relationship, with an college/university degree. Probably working in an office(where she would get the more expensive book-style notebooks for free)

Or it could be a really wierd guy in yogapants...

Interesting speculation.  :)  When my son sent me the note, he added the following comment:  "A lot riding on that being a female's penmanship".  :)  Too funny.

Here is a little more:  The restaurant was actually a beach-type outdoor clam bar on a sheltered cove.  They normally do not have entertainment (other than the shore/cove viewing), but that evening they were featuring an outdoor sunset performance of a popular local band.  They do not serve alcohol so the only alcohol, if any, would have been BYOB.  It is located at the very end of a dead end peninsula, with a cove on one side, railroad tracks and the river on the other.  There would be no casual passers-by.  The only people present would be those in attendance to see the band, or for the food.... mainly the band.   And it was beach party dancing music, btw.  It is a perfect, small venue for a summer sunset at the shore.  Brian brought three friends (relatives, actually) to the show, top down, of course, and parked in the back of the parking lot, very near the water.  He left the top down the whole time, even driving home around 10pm with top down.  It was that kind of a night.  The person who left this note had to have been parked near his car in order to spot it, or was perhaps strolling along the cove during the performance.  She was there for the party, and her note has a party ring to it.  Yes, I am sure it was a woman.  ;)  And it is fun to speculate.  

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

Of course, it is very hard to say for sure, it was dark, etc. ...10407382_481093492035108_686512411906813   but..... one rumor (unconfirmed) claims to have found the culprit!  Right car, but not sure of the venue, yet.    ;)  We are still looking into it, however.  Stay tuned!  We are determined to get to the bottom of this!  ;)

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

Sorry to break your bubble guys. 

I was recently at a high performance driving school with my tii.  I was parked next to an aston martin v8 vantage.  I think the sexiest car on the road.  Anyway, friendly owner, and I was joking that my car had three ashtrays, yet his had none!  I also joked that more people were coming up to compliment my car (it was the only older car) than his.  Another guy retorted... "True, but his car is a panty remover.  Yours just attracts old men."  

Old men with beards I might add.  

Sorry dude.  Your car was kissed my a graying, balding, bearded man with an expanding midrange.  He is not afraid to say he kissed it because he has children, is married, and just loves cars that much.  He also was in his prime in the 60's/70's when free love (and 2002's) was everywhere.  He smokes joints not infrequently but is a successful man with a comfortable retirement that is about to start.  He once had a VW van, even an old 911 (sold it for something more practical when the kids went to college), and is not afraid to turn a wrench.  He has a stack of car mags in his bathroom next to the toilet.  He reads Peter Egan.  His doctor tells him he should minimize his sun exposure because he has begun to develop classic signs of sun damaged skin.  His cholesterol is high, and he is being treated for high blood pressure.  He sneaks chips and fast food when alone because his wife has him on a diet.  He worries his wife is concerned about his mild ED.  His wife wishes he would just keep his hands to himself.   

Edited by gliding_serpent

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Sorry to break your bubble guys. 

I was recently at a high performance driving school with my tii.  I was parked next to an aston martin v8 vantage.  I think the sexiest car on the road.  Anyway, friendly owner, and I was joking that my car had three ashtrays, yet his had none!  I also joked that more people were coming up to compliment my car (it was the only older car) than his.  Another guy retorted... "True, but his car is a panty remover.  Yours just attracts old men."  

Old men with beards I might add.  

Sorry dude.  Your car was kissed my a graying, balding, bearded man with an expanding midrange.  He is not afraid to say he kissed it because he has children, is married, and just loves cars that much.  He also was in his prime in the 60's/70's when free love (and 2002's) was everywhere.  He smokes joints not infrequently but is a successful man with a comfortable retirement that is about to start.  He once had a VW van, even an old 911 (sold it for something more practical when the kids went to college), and is not afraid to turn a wrench.  He has a stack of car mags in his bathroom next to the toilet.  He reads Peter Egan.  His doctor tells him he should minimize his sun exposure because he has begun to develop classic signs of sun damaged skin.  His cholesterol is high, and he is being treated for high blood pressure.  He sneaks chips and fast food when alone because his wife has him on a diet.  He worries his wife is concerned about his mild ED.  His wife wishes he would just keep his hands to himself.   

......................better stated as a "panty dropper"

j

1. This happened to one of my cars, in this case an E30 convertible, but any owner of a Vintage BMW can appreciate it! Happy Father's Day to All!

My son, Brian, had the 1989 325ic (convertible), went to a restaurant, and emerged to find this on the windshield:

IMG_5850-797079.jpg

The full story:  

BTW - you should post your "note find" here:  http://foundmagazine.com/

j

......................better stated as a "panty dropper"

He was Australian.  "Panty Dropper" is not used there, as it is confusing.  As we all know, everything "down under" is upside down.  So to say "dropper" in Australia implies that it makes a women want to put their underwear on.  As "Panty raiser" sounds like cross dressing involving a male sausage, Aussies say "Panty remover".  No confusion or unpleasant imagery there, unless you think of Margaret Thatcher. 

FYI. 

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)